List Mgmt. Is Just time?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure if I hit my head when I woke up or accidently had tequila with my muesli but I've got no idea what this threads about compared to a few others on the board?
I think it's supposed to be about our future prospects, I'm not sure

I'm not sure if I hit my head when I woke up or accidently had tequila with my muesli but I've got no idea what this threads about compared to a few others on the board?

Hey eastfreo75 can you change the thread title? I have been staring at it like one of those old dot drawings that you stare at and step away and it is meant to reveal an image within the image. The thread title is like the fourth level of inception and the top is still spinning.

Not quite following the purpose of the thread eastfreo75 but because I'll never miss an opportunity to do a future best 22, here's mine come 2024 when we start our dynasty / 6 year run of contention. I am very confident the best 22 will look something like this even sooner than we think

Ryan Pearce Young
Clark Cox Walker
Chapman Serong O'Driscoll
Sturt Jackson Schultz
Switta Tabs Frederick

Darcy Brayshaw Brodie

Johnson Fyfe Erasmus Henry

Fyfe to play mainly forward by then. Amiss and Treacy to keep getting games as possible and take over from Tabs shortly after 2024.

Think only Fyfe and Pearce are above 30 in this list come 2024 and we are ******* primed
I've been grappling with this one. Freo have never nailed a top end incoming trade - so my inner voice is saying 'just go to the draft, just go to the draft'. But given Jackson actually appears to have no baggage - when you drop him into a best 22 like that it's very tempting.

Is this a 'throw the kitchen sink' scenario for Jackson - because I can't see us getting him without pretty much decimating our 2022 and 2023 draft hands.

For mine, it all boils down to whether we think waiting to see if a Treacy/Amiss pairing is a potential flag winning partnership; because it feels like the missing part of the puzzle.

I've been grappling with this one. Freo have never nailed a top end incoming trade - so my inner voice is saying 'just go to the draft, just go to the draft'. But given Jackson actually appears to have no baggage - when you drop him into a best 22 like that it's very tempting.

Is this a 'throw the kitchen sink' scenario for Jackson - because I can't see us getting him without pretty much decimating our 2022 and 2023 draft hands.

For mine, it all boils down to whether we think waiting to see if a Treacy/Amiss pairing is a potential flag winning partnership; because it feels like the missing part of the puzzle.
I just see so much talent across the whole list now, I think we are in a position to be quiet in a couple of drafts. A talent like Jackson with no baggage, 10 years and his whole prime left in him is worth a couple of first round picks in the teens IMO.

I think the NGA is too be understated as well. When they move it back to top 20 next year, our NGA is so strong, we can keep brining in young talent cheaply

I just see so much talent across the whole list now, I think we are in a position to be quiet in a couple of drafts. A talent like Jackson with no baggage, 10 years and his whole prime left in him is worth a couple of first round picks in the teens IMO.

I think the NGA is too be understated as well. When they move it back to top 20 next year, our NGA is so strong, we can keep brining in young talent cheaply
For sure. I know you've engaged in the 'revisit the 2016 draft' thread elsewhere on BigFooty and there was a comment the other day that every flag winning side has a spud or two. If we had snagged the 2013 flag then I'm sure Dawson's name would be used by fans across the league as an example of a flag winning spud (and he wouldn't have been the only candidate). But, in that 22 you put up, I'm struggling to spot the spud. Maybe fans from other clubs would (unfairly) say Tabs - but it's a hell of a team we're building. And they would be in their prime (with only 2-3 retiring) for another 4-5 years after that.

For sure. I know you've engaged in the 'revisit the 2016 draft' thread elsewhere on BigFooty and there was a comment the other day that every flag winning side has a spud or two. If we had snagged the 2013 flag then I'm sure Dawson's name would be used by fans across the league as an example of a flag winning spud (and he wouldn't have been the only candidate). But, in that 22 you put up, I'm struggling to spot the spud. Maybe fans from other clubs would (unfairly) say Tabs - but it's a hell of a team we're building. And they would be in their prime (with only 2-3 retiring) for another 4-5 years after that.
The 2013 GF was one of the rare games I actually liked what Dawson did.

Yeah, the youth is the key reason I'm so keen on Jackson. Some of the games I've seen our younger players put together makes me truly believe the amount of talent is no longer a problem. We've been through 6 years of s**t and drafts, we rightly have the talent to compete now, more draft picks arent going to move the needle that much. Developing what we have, getting experience and games into what we have and having a proven group of coaches, that is what is going to make the difference from here.

Yeah, the youth is the key reason I'm so keen on Jackson. Some of the games I've seen our younger players put together makes me truly believe the amount of talent is no longer a problem. We've been through 6 years of s**t and drafts, we rightly have the talent to compete now, more draft picks arent going to move the needle that much. Developing what we have, getting experience and games into what we have and having a proven group of coaches, that is what is going to make the difference from here.
Agreed - and at the very least we should hopefully be able to select a couple of at least B graders with picks in the teens.

I’m all in on Trading for Jackson.
Send Meek and Tucker back home, drop $10 mill for 8 years on Jackson and watch as the salary cap rises in years to come.
Bells neck will actually shrink from the amount of feathers he’ll be carrying around

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Many clubs best 22 are decent. Injuries always happen and make a big difference with a young side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all in on Trading for Jackson.
Send Meek and Tucker back home, drop $10 mill for 8 years on Jackson and watch as the salary cap rises in years to come.
Bells neck will actually shrink from the amount of feathers he’ll be carrying around

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I look forward to the 2nd and 3rd round picks we'd get for Meek and Tucker getting us Jackson.

I look forward to the 2nd and 3rd round picks we'd get for Meek and Tucker getting us Jackson.
if they were in any trade deal they'd be steak knives, but more importantly help provide the salary space we would need.

Really though, Lobb would have to go because he plays in the same position. Keep Meek for Darcy insurance.

An often overlooked point at the moment is having a relatively low paid head coach.
With the soft cap greatly reduced the last year or two, the clubs giving over $1m plus in salary to their head coach like John Longmire and Damien Hardwick to take two examples, have less money to spend on development coaches than the likes of Freo. Would imagine Jlo is one of the lowest paid head coaches in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back