Society & Culture Is Ke$ha a warning sign for young people about the 'party' lifestyle?

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
cos when I leave for the night I aint comin back

I saw this on MSN after logging out of my hotmail just now.

Reminded me of an image I saw a while back.

[IMG='width:404px;']https://curvage.org/forum/uploads/monthly_2017_03/kesha-teases-upcoming-new-project-04.jpg.d7c311f6c236785d5df92969ba33e217.jpg[/IMG]

Kesha is only 32, by the way.

The party lifestyle is all fun and games when you are 18 -> early 20s but will it catch up with you?

Note that I am not saying Ke$ha ever was a 'party' girl. She was presented this way in her music career, but that doesn't mean that's how she actually lived. I have no idea what kind of lifestyle she really lived. For all I know she was a teetotaller.

With that being said, her image as a party girl is etched in the brains of people who were growing up when her song(s) were hits.

When they look at her now, what do they see? Will they make a connection?

Over to you, bigfoooty :thumbsu:

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm not surprised.

Her mum was living her dream through her and controlling everything she did.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
cos when I leave for the night I aint comin back

I saw this on MSN after logging out of my hotmail just now.

Reminded me of an image I saw a while back.

[IMG='width:404px;']https://curvage.org/forum/uploads/monthly_2017_03/kesha-teases-upcoming-new-project-04.jpg.d7c311f6c236785d5df92969ba33e217.jpg[/IMG]

Kesha is only 32, by the way.

The party lifestyle is all fun and games when you are 18 -> early 20s but will it catch up with you?

Note that I am not saying Ke$ha ever was a 'party' girl. She was presented this way in her music career, but that doesn't mean that's how she actually lived. I have no idea what kind of lifestyle she really lived. For all I know she was a teetotaller.

With that being said, her image as a party girl is etched in the brains of people who were growing up when her song(s) were hits.

When they look at her now, what do they see? Will they make a connection?

Over to you, bigfoooty :thumbsu:

Long-winded way of saying you can't wank over her anymore?

Greatest player of his generation. look at him now.
ce595646c0314e0685d0448a7f923106

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Apparently she was actually a more genuine musician that was wrecked by record companies, or something like that according to Alice Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Apparently she was actually a more genuine musician that was wrecked by record companies, or something like that according to Alice Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah saw one of her older tracks posted on Reddit a while ago. She's a decent singer, who was re-branded as 'Ke$ha' because there was more money in making those cringey pop party tracks.

Yeah saw one of her older tracks posted on Reddit a while ago. She's a decent singer, who was re-branded as 'Ke$ha' because there was more money in making those cringey pop party tracks.
I remember Alice Cooper saying in an interview that in Welcome 2 My Nightmare, pop princesses making pop party tracks was the nightmare.

Back