Is Kick to kick still legal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chillzy

Rookie
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So I'm still keen to go for kick to kick and running drills at the oval but none of my usual buddies are willing to risk a fine. Do you think this is still acceptable in Victoria? I fail to see how handling a football would transfer sufficient quantity of virus to infect another person...

So I'm still keen to go for kick to kick and running drills at the oval but none of my usual buddies are willing to risk a fine. Do you think this is still acceptable in Victoria? I fail to see how handling a football would transfer sufficient quantity of virus to infect another person...

I would say actually getting to the oval would be deemed non essential, if you are driving 30 mins to see your mate at an oval that would be were you get the fine. If you can both run to an oval close to home then it should be ok. But this will also depend on which police officer comes by, there have been some heavy handed fine, i think some bloke got pinned for riding his bike on a park trail? The young girl fined for learning to drive, both of these fines have been withdrawn.

Would this not count as exercise?

Going for a run by yourself is different to getting into a car driving down the road and meeting someone for a kick and what Jaxes said

IMO go for a kick on your own, not worth the $1600 fine

If the football oval is within a reasonable distance (grey area) from your home, you maintain a 1.5 metre distance with your friend (if he isn’t a resident of your house) at all times and you complete the exercise within a 30-40 minute time frame, it’s legal.

I've still been doing it at my local club, albeit solo work like running and touch work but there are others around walking dogs around the oval - in groups.

Have seen Trent Rivers from the Demons their to as its also his old club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back