Analysis Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

2 Years in, Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been 3 names floated as leaving at the end of the year. I can tell you with certainty it is not one of them.

Well that leaves Murray Davis, Danny Daly, Mitch Hahn, Ben Hudson, Leigh Harding and Scott Borlace.

"Toxic culture" is a phrase that is thrown around quite a bit these days. What exactly does that entail? "Sick of losing"?

Well that leaves Murray Davis, Danny Daly, Mitch Hahn, Ben Hudson, Leigh Harding and Scott Borlace.

"Toxic culture" is a phrase that is thrown around quite a bit these days. What exactly does that entail? "Sick of losing"?
Apparently the whole playing list are just a pack of whingers aswell.

What's wrong with the board disagreeing, especially on such a major decision. That's why you have more than 1 board member. So you can get multiple opinions.

What a bloody mess!

Is there any possibility that there is at least one person at this club who can get to the bottom of what/who the hell is causing these so-call divisions in the club....and how, so that it can be fixed ASAP

...and is there any danger that we could possibly all work together as one big team, in all areas,and present as a united, strong club?

I think the reality is that ALL clubs have divisions/factions of varying complexity and hostility - its the nature of chucking a lot of strong personalities and egos into a pot. I.e. Longtime rumours of Sam Mitchell being a very divisive presence in the Hawks playing group - however, these can all be handled easily when the club is winning and performing well. People shutup and focus when a premiership is a reality.

Get the onfield performance right and the rest snowballs.

What's wrong with the board disagreeing, especially on such a major decision. That's why you have more than 1 board member. So you can get multiple opinions.
Disagreeing and differences of opinion are one thing, but if there is a constant split, ie the same 4 disagreeing with another same 4, then they are fundamentally opposed. If they are often at polar opposites, then a fair chance one side of the table is wrong, which means you only have half a board, struggling to make/enact decisions.

I think the reality is that ALL clubs have divisions/factions of varying complexity and hostility - its the nature of chucking a lot of strong personalities and egos into a pot. I.e. Longtime rumours of Sam Mitchell being a very divisive presence in the Hawks playing group - however, these can all be handled easily when the club is winning and performing well. People shutup and focus when a premiership is a reality.

Get the onfield performance right and the rest snowballs.
That might be very hard if off-field decisions aren't made or made well.

Disagreeing and differences of opinion are one thing, but if there is a constant split, ie the same 4 disagreeing with another same 4, then they are fundamentally opposed. If they are often at polar opposites, then a fair chance one side of the table is wrong, which means you only have half a board, struggling to make/enact decisions.

#auspol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest concern is, with all due respect to them, the quality of our board members.

In the heartland it would be far easier to attract a person who is not only business and corporate world savvy but also a passionate football and club person. Here I would suggest we would struggle to more than a couple of individuals who meet both criteria to a high level.

If they're going to butt heads I really don't have a problem. It's more why they butt heads and if they actually know themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which one has a kid playing afl?

OK so now I'm confused.

Are these "toxic" comments aimed at anything in particular or just generally? Is it in reference to the coaches or players or both?
Just general bitching, i think he has known he is on the outer for quite some time and just doesn't care what he says anymore. It is ok to say these things internally, but not to the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back