Analysis Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

2 Years in, Is Leppa the Right Man for the Job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just general bitching, i think he has known he is on the outer for quite some time and just doesn't care what he says anymore. It is ok to say these things internally, but not to the general public.

You sure not Woewodin? Has a kid a Coorparoo

This kind of contradicts what she said in her article last night, where it made it sound like Leigh was one of the few Leppa had left in his corner.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/rowey-bicks/leppitsch-to-go-and-it-was-leigh-s-call-says-caro

Caroline Wilson says Brisbane Lions coach Justin Leppitsch will be fired on Monday -- and says the call was made by Leigh Matthews.

“The decision on the coach -- which is in my view a fait accompli -- will be made on Monday,” Caro tells the FIVEaa sports show.

“I think that Leigh has been running the show … and making the big calls. I know he made the call on Justin Leppitsch,” she said.

Caro said it won’t be the last we see of Leppa -- “there will be a job for him elsewhere next year” -- and also tipped Leigh himself to be gone from the Lions next year …

“I do think he’ll go …

“I’m not sure where Leigh’s going to fit -- particularly because he struggles with both the media and the footy” ...

“I think he really wants to stay in the media, so I think he’s going to go.”

Caro said the environment at the Lions was “toxic”.

“That club -- talk about needing a refit … they need a complete rebuild.

“There’s a toxic environment among not only the coaches in the footy dept., but higher up as well ...

“There are so many problems at that football club.

“I just cannot see how this is going to be fixed quickly,” she said.

Love or hate Leppa (I'm the former), he seems a good fit for media if the Lions decide to move him on. Good character I think

This kind of contradicts what she said in her article last night, where it made it sound like Leigh was one of the few Leppa had left in his corner.

These situations are moving feasts. It may look like contradiction but things evolve fast.

just listened to Leppas presser, i know it has been said ad nauseam but he is pretty impressive and cool. it could be either resignation in that he knows he's gone or confidence that he is staying. Leppa probably in the top 4 for composure under fire from the media.

looks like we will find out monday.

I only think it's fair that ... I get to address the Board to explain why Leppitsch should be sacked.

I'm not sure that bad jokes and repeating the same sentiment in 100 different ways is going to help anyone.

Not long after the season started I was told that Leigh was upsetting a few people up there.......I never thought any more of it until recent days, due to initially thinking he might be sorting out the place like we hoped..

Maybe I was wrong.

Not long after the season started I was told that Leigh was upsetting a few people up there.......I never thought any more of it until recent days, due to initially thinking he might be sorting out the place like we hoped..

Maybe I was wrong.
When things are bad and you deliver the truth, people will get upset. However I think Leigh does need to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that bad jokes and repeating the same sentiment in 100 different ways is going to help anyone.
That's exactly why we need a change of coach, because you are right, I just don't think Leppitsch's message is getting through anymore.

Monday can't come soon enough.
I'm not sure why everyone is getting so worked up.
You can see why it's sometimes better to just sack a coach during the season- this has been dragging on for to long.

That's exactly why we need a change of coach, because you are right, I just don't think Leppitsch's message is getting through anymore.

Anymore? At what point did the message no longer go through? The last five matches have been WLLWL. The first five matches were LLLWL

Caroline Wilson says Brisbane Lions coach Justin Leppitsch will be fired on Monday -- and says the call was made by Leigh Matthews.

Then if this is correct, the decision has already been made. Lepptitsch must know already. He values Matthews' honesty, they talk all the time.

just listened to Leppas presser, i know it has been said ad nauseam but he is pretty impressive and cool. it could be either resignation in that he knows he's gone or confidence that he is staying. Leppa probably in the top 4 for composure under fire from the media.

looks like we will find out monday.
I honestly think he is staying.

He is one cool cucumber. But he would be gone by now.

On the bright side we will know early next week.

I am reading Leppa's temperament and grace under fire as more being about wanting to go out as someone seen to have an unwavering belief he was on the right path had he be given the chance to do so.

Hard not to respect that. But he will not be coach this time next week. I feel for him.

Last edited:
Anymore? At what point did the message no longer go through? The last five matches have been WLLWL. The first five matches were LLLWL
Message to the Board of better times ahead.

I am reading Leppa's temperament and grace under fire as more being about wanting to go out as someone seen to have an unwavering belief he was on the right path had he be given the chance to do so.

Hard not to respect that. But he will not be coach this time next week. I feel for him.
If, as expected he's moved on next week have you had any word on how long it may take to have a new guy put in?

I assume we've been talking to a few behind the scenes so ideally it wont take to long as I'm sure we'd prefer to have someone there before trade week.

you seem very certain that he is gone TBD, do you still hold the same views on us needing to clear out a couple of senior players who have delusions of grandeur or do you think a new coach could set them straight?

you seem very certain that he is gone TBD, do you still hold the same views on us needing to clear out a couple of senior players who have delusions of grandeur or do you think a new coach could set them straight?

Definitely have a rot in our leadership ranks - it's about more than "delusions of grandeur" though. Don't really know the answer to the setting them straight bit.

Definitely have a rot in our leadership ranks - it's about more than "delusions of grandeur" though. Don't really know the answer to the setting them straight bit.

I suppose it matters how many we are dealing with. If it is one or two the answer would seem to be trading them out and hopefully get something good for them. If we start talking more than that, it is on a scale that would mean gutting the senior players of the team. How do we even go about doing that?

Just when I keep thinking we must have reached our lowest point I realise sadly...not yet. Close....but not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back