Is Nat Fyfe in trouble for this incident?

Remove this Banner Ad

Big deal about Caddy and your club.
Put that on your club board.
Why do people post club stuff on the main board?
We seriously need a football forum like the bay has but opposite,talk about your own club and your banned.
Why do trolls and biased losers get a forum ahead of footy fans?
Stop melting. It’s relevant to the discussion

Big deal about Caddy and your club.
Put that on your club board.
Why do people post club stuff on the main board?
We seriously need a football forum like the bay has but opposite,talk about your own club and your banned.
Why do trolls and biased losers get a forum ahead of footy fans?

Um he's putting some context around it.
The Tom Mitchell and Caddy incidents are similar ones that will always be discussed when it comes to precedent.

Sounds like you need a valium.

I dont think "a week for that...really" is the right response.

It should be "a week for that and Tom Mitchell gets off doing the same thing 100m behind the ball...really?"
It should be "a week for that and Tom Mitchell gets off doing the same thing 100m behind the ball but with a lot less impact that didn't have enough force to warrant a charge... really?"

19711352-3BEE-4F3E-9655-26B9D3874F3D.gif
Cop it and move on, freo. He's lucky that it was only the one game.

Why freo is challenging this is beyond me...

Every player in the league would cop at least a week for the same.

Hmm, just remembered that freo is hosting the crows this weekend. ..

Nothing in the hit. Great challenge, freo!

#freethefyfe
Even better result , Welcher

19711352-3BEE-4F3E-9655-26B9D3874F3D.gif

It is called remorse. Fake it til you make it so to speak. He obviously doesn't care, but if he doesn't at least pretend, then it will be remembered by some.

the player instantly got up and played the rest of the game without any signs of injury ? Should he just send a group message to the entire opposition team after next game incase any feelings were hurt ?

Not going to read 15 pages. Someone may have already mentioned the point I'm about to raise.

Firstly, he should've gone for what he did. Hard to know what else he was trying to do and we move on.

BUT

Why did it take the panel or jury or whoever it is that makes the final decision 20+ minutes to reach the verdict? I don't want to make the process more dramatic but that's a bloody long time to agree he's guilty and that his actions were intentional.

So IMO the panel didn't initially agree and again IMO that should've created enough doubt as to Fyfe's intentions.

I mean how did it play out:

Juror 1: 'whaddya reckon boys'?
Juror 2: 'Intentional every day of the week'
Juror 3: 'Agree, seems a nice bloke, but he sniped him good'
Juror 1: 'Cool... so we all agree'

... 20 minutes later?

It took them 4 minutes to withdraw the charge on Jy Simpkin, but 20 minutes to keep Fyfe's punishment as it was?? All of that doesn't add up.

Lastly for the record not saying what he did didn't deserve punishment. It sucks, but if you do dumb stuff there's consequences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from both being head high contact the incidents aren't comparable.

But isn't the brief " head high contact " ?

The concussion problem will flow into the AFL same as the NFL

It's only a matter of time,

Anyway I was only highlighting how there is such a lack in consistency

Managed to squeeze it in based on elite talent. And Priddis squeezed one in because..vanilla was flavour of the year?

Well no, Priddis managed to jag one because young Nat missed a few games out suspended. Only pipped him by a vote after all. If Nat had managed to curb his enthusiasm in 2014, he’d have 2 now already. ;)

Well no, Priddis managed to jag one because young Nat missed a few games out suspended. Only pipped him by a vote after all. If Nat had managed to curb his enthusiasm in 2014, he’d have 2 now already. ;)
Agree, just don’t believe that Priddis deserves the accolade, there are many WCE players more worthy imo, let alone in the rest of the comp.

Agree, just don’t believe that Priddis deserves the accolade, there are many WCE players more worthy imo, let alone in the rest of the comp.

Ahh you could argue that I guess - but I think he justified the status with an outstanding 2015 - finishing runner up to Fyfe and led an Eagles midfield to a GF. He doesn’t get the credit he deserves for that year so I think it balances out.

Plenty of guys have won Brownlows that were a stretch at the time - Paul Kelly is a good example - was a shock winner in 1995 but backed it up in 1996 in a similar fashion to Priddis. Kelly a better player obviously but their Brownlow stories are similar.

Softness and a lack of consistency. How Mitchell got off and not Fyfe is mind boggling.
I keep reading this sort of comment, and it's amazing.

Mitchell's 'elbow' barely made Goldstein move. Contact was questionable. They gave him the benefit of the doubt due to his clean sheet.

Fyfe decked a bloke. The contact is unquestionable. He does not have a clean sheet.

it was always going to be a week.

Softness and a lack of consistency. How Mitchell got off and not Fyfe is mind boggling.

Mitchell's 'elbow' barely made Goldstein move. Contact was questionable. They gave him the benefit of the doubt due to his clean sheet.

Fyfe decked a bloke. The contact is unquestionable. He does not have a clean sheet.

both deserved a penalty. Mitchell was a cheap shot. Taken out or not I used to be sure you couldn't go around throwing elbows/forearms. The intent is unquestionable.

Meh, a week seems fair and i stopped caring about the Brownlow after Priddis won it anyways. The way Fyfe plays i expect it won't be last week off he gets his physical presence defines him as player for the good and the bad. I don't think there was any malice in it, the pace of the game these days means a small errors of judgment will cost you.

both deserved a penalty. Mitchell was a cheap shot. Taken out or not I used to be sure you couldn't go around throwing elbows/forearms. The intent is unquestionable.

Easy way to fix it - you hit a player off the ball, you get a week even if it was with force that would have failed to hit the skin off a custard.

The problem is the tribunal does take into account the force of the contact.

I reckon Mitchell was lucky to get off but at the same time, there was a big difference in the force of both incidents.

I have no qualms with either argument.
My beef is with the system and the mixed messages we fans get.
Christensen re-wrote the rules when dealing with Mitchell.
MRP is just one big piss take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back