MRP / Trib. Is Nick Riewoldt going to cop what he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

BrisbaneLion9636

All Australian
May 9, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A fist to Adcock's face just because he wasn't getting any possessions and getting a bit restless. Mind you, umpires took note of that and diligently gave him a couple of free kicks to soothe him down.
High contact, intentional and wanting to cause injury

Should be gone for at least 3 weeks IMO. This kind of melee should be stamped out of our game

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Are you kidding?

A) It's Nick "Untouchable lest I burst into tears" Riewoldt If he gets reported then I won lotto on Saturday (Actually, had two wins with the work lotto in the past two weeks, $12 then $40. Wouldn't mind about $500k, get myself a place in Brisbane and put the pressure on my employer to transfer me...I actually cried on the way home this morning:().

*WARNING: MAJOR FANGIRL RAGE AHEAD.*
B) Jeddy plays for the Lions. Case in point during the Bulldogs game. Poor Joelly Patfull cops a hand to the face (as you can see in Figure 1.1), goes off with the blood rule and not a thing is done.

disgraceful.png

Figure 1.1 Joel Patfull with some losers hand smacking him out.

HOWEVER Simon Black does the same thing (see Figure 1.2) and he gets reported!!!!!!!

simon.png

Figure 1.2 Personally I wouldnt' have bothered but meh.

I'm seeing a slight bias against the Lions here. Both players went off bleeding. Both offenders should have been treated the same.

I have more chance of dating Joel than Nick has of ever running afoul of the MRP. IMO of course.

Nick should be suspended , but probably won't cause he'll chuck a tantrum " oh i'm still traumatized by what Mal did to me" boo hoo boo hoo! and suspend Jed instead for putting his face in harms way....;)

The Lions are playing to good for the Victoria Flogs so we will be punished. They want to soften us up so the suburb of Richmond can have a chance at winning in 3 weeks time with extra help from the Umps of course. Nick will be rewarded for being a useless hack of a forward and get 6 free kicks next time we meet.

I haven't seen a player since Lloyd that constantly plays for the free and gets it. Riewoldt is fast becoming the Stage Queen of footy. Because he couldn't win the ball by his own talent, he started to throw his arms up in indignation of how he was man-handled, and the Umpires fell for it.

He actually started to make me feel sick watching him....when players play for frees and get them, it sullies our game.

Richs' push is no different to Tapscotts' on Hanley which Tapscott got a free for.
Can they use that as an argument if Rich does get reported for it? They're completely equal in my eye, the only difference being that Hanley reversed the free kick when he got up and retaliated.

Riewoldt should get cited for that, it's completely unnecessary and inexcusable. Mind you, I'm warming up my neck muscles to start shaking my head when he does get away with it.

Can they use that as an argument if Rich does get reported for it? They're completely equal in my eye, the only difference being that Hanley reversed the free kick when he got up and retaliated.

I'd like to think they could use it but I'm not sure if you can use something that wasn't reported as a precedent. Also, Hanley never got a free for the push, it was called throw in and it wasn't until Hanley remonstrated with Tapscott that the free was called for the Dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rich should challenge

I agree. Should be able to get that down to one. What this does give us though is a chance to give Lisle a game on Saturday, as well as probably Beams in Rich's spot. Great to have depth.

Just to put some context into this, this is a guy who over his career has conceded 110 Frees Against in 234 games (while garnering 313 Frees For). It was already a pretty notable event that he conceded 2 frees against us - I guess hoping for a fair cop at the MRP was gilding the lily.

Incidentally, if anyone can point out a significant big forward with that kind of free kick ratio or free against count, I'd be fascinated to see it. I checked a few others and they aren't within cooee, even players like Goodes and Lloyd whom we think of as big beneficiaries of the umps.

Just to put some context into this, this is a guy who over his career has conceded 110 Frees Against in 234 games (while garnering 313 Frees For). It was already a pretty notable event that he conceded 2 frees against us - I guess hoping for a fair cop at the MRP was gilding the lily.

Incidentally, if anyone can point out a significant big forward with that kind of free kick ratio or free against count, I'd be fascinated to see it. I checked a few others and they aren't within cooee, even players like Goodes and Lloyd whom we think of as big beneficiaries of the umps.
Proves that if you whinge enough people will give you what you want.

Proves that if you whinge enough people will give you what you want.

No it just proves if you play the ball the umps will look after you.

Roo is a leading forward who is usually a few steps in front of his opponent when he gets the ball, if not he is at least in front of them. He rarely stands and wrestles with his opponent cause that's not his strength so that's why he rarely gives up free kicks. Roo gets punched in the back of the head and his arms chopped just about more than any other forward in the afl cause he marks it at such a High point and the defenders struggle to spoil him so they make him "earn" it.

No it just proves if you play the ball the umps will look after you.

Roo is a leading forward who is usually a few steps in front of his opponent when he gets the ball, if not he is at least in front of them. He rarely stands and wrestles with his opponent cause that's not his strength so that's why he rarely gives up free kicks. Roo gets punched in the back of the head and his arms chopped just about more than any other forward in the afl cause he marks it at such a High point and the defenders struggle to spoil him so they make him "earn" it.

Hahaha. As someone who watches Brown cop all that s**t week in, week out, without receiving anywhere near the free kicks that Riewoldt gets... yeah, just hahahah.

Hahaha. As someone who watches Brown cop all that s**t week in, week out, without receiving anywhere near the free kicks that Riewoldt gets... yeah, just hahahah.

Brown engages in body contact a lot more than reiwoldt does that's why there is more chance of giving away a free kick. It's also why there is less chance of receiving a free kick as it is harder for the umps to determine who is impeding who. Brown is probably hard done by by the umps as all key forwards are, roo just gets more free kicks because of the style of game he plays.

Roo also gets to more contests than any other key forward ever, so couple that with the way that he plays and it pretty easy to see why he gets a lot of frees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back