Is North Melbourne passing on Logan McDonald going to be the 2021 version of the Bulldogs passing on Buddy for Ryan Griffin

Remove this Banner Ad

Comparing draft picks is stupid ??

I'm personally not a fan of it.

Puts unnecessary pressure on a kid, plus both players are in completely different positions.

It's not just recruitment that can ruin a players career, it can be development and injuries as well. (Look at Jack Watts or P McCartin in recent years as good examples here).

I'm of the opinion that McDonald sucks possum nuts and will be delisted, whereas Phillips is a future North Melbourne Bigfooty board POTY.

I'm of the opinion that McDonald sucks possum nuts and will be delisted, whereas Phillips is a future North Melbourne Bigfooty board POTY.

If he stays there!

Both will be terrific players as will Cox, Perkins, Campbell and Gulden.

No, I think all of those players suck also. Phillips is the best.

Well you will have plenty of time to enjoy him when he moves to Tas.

North needed to bid on Campbell to prevent the double bite of cherry given to Sydney. Same criticism applies to Adelaide.

Crows did bid on someone first. They did their job.

Roos then failed at theirs. They seem to have no long term planning either. Went for a mid when a key forward was at a similar level when the following draft is meant to be stacked with mids.

You should worry about your own clubs pathetic drafting before dancing on graves, Chief.
Our pathetic drafting? We literally built a premiership list during a period when GWS and the Suns were dominating the draft. And only had 3 players in our premiership side that were from other clubs. We also drafted Bailey Smith at pick 7 a year after you drafted LDU who’s shown leaps and bounds more than he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our pathetic drafting? We literally built a premiership list during a period when GWS and the Suns were dominating the draft. And only had 3 players in our premiership side that were from other clubs. We also drafted Bailey Smith at pick 7 a year after you drafted LDU who’s shown leaps and bounds more than he has.

If your clubs so successful, why do you care so much about Norf then?

In fairness... Bailey Smith did taint the drafting process.

The right long term strategy for was to pick a tall not an undersized mid. This draft was absolutely stacked with talls (more than I recall any draft) I am pretty jelly

and the 2021 draft is stacked with mids with very few talls looking like they will be in top 10 consideration. If you want a mid then the 2021 draft is the draft for you.

So what happened this week? Any reason why the OP didn't bump it this week?

Logan McDonald would be goalless if he were selected by us atm

The stats he got last night would be what I’d expect him to be getting with us weekly and named a bust

Interesting you mention that. Is that why the thread wasn't bumped. Logan not only went goalless but went markless in a team which is the best attacking team AFL, second for inside 50's. So he's had plenty of opportunities.

Will as undersized mid ACTUALLY kicked a goal for his team this week which is favoured to win the wooden spoon and is the worst attacking team in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back