Is North Melbourne passing on Logan McDonald going to be the 2021 version of the Bulldogs passing on Buddy for Ryan Griffin

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if North had picked McDonald, he isn't going to kick goals in their current team. Chances are we'd have a thread saying what a dud McDonald is and why didn't the Roos pick (insert player here) that was selected later by a better team and currently looks good.
Exactly. Does anyone think Richmond wouldn't have turned Franklin into a dud if we'd taken him at Pick 4 in 2004?

I can't remember the last player we lost to go home factor. Ross Glendinning maybe?

Peter Bell and maybe Daniel Motlop is all I can really come up with of any real significance. Scott Walsh went home due to tragic circumstances. We may have a lot of issues at the moment, but player retention isn’t one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given myself a few days to think about it. I’ve decided to change the thread to “Is North passing on Logan McDonald going to be the 2021 version of the Dogs passing on Buddy for Ryan Griffin”. I think Phillips has the chance to be a future captain, AA and best and fairest winner just like Griffin was. But I think long term passing on McDonald could be the difference between being a good side and a Premiership side. Players like McDonald are very rare while inside mids like Phillips are a lot easier to find.
North also already have a good list of midfielders. They are desperate for a #1 KPF.

Just bumping now to say that by this time next year, this is going to look at stupid as your LDU thread.

I don’t like thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Structure is probably the biggest issue with Norths recent drafting.

Not prioritising a tall forward in the last few years will mean they have to pay through the nose via trade to get one.

Structure is probably the biggest issue with Norths recent drafting.

Not prioritising a tall forward in the last few years will mean they have to pay through the nose via trade to get one.
Nick Larkey has 10 in 2 games and is leading the league...what am I missing?
Comben in game 4 is improving week by week

Nick Larkey has 10 in 2 games and is leading the league...what am I missing?
Comben in game 4 is improving week by week
I would have thought they would have used their myriad of 1st and 2nd rounders over the past five years to strengthen this area of the ground.

Who do they have as depth in this area?

fair bump but the thread isnt going to age well. enjoy it while you can.

logan wouldnt be playing over larkey or comben at the moment. larkey is better and comben is a very different type.

fair bump but the thread isnt going to age well. enjoy it while you can.

logan wouldnt be playing over larkey or comben at the moment. larkey is better and comben is a very different type.
Larkey like most decent key forwards had a slow start and had to take time to develop.

Last season was larkeys breakthrough season

I think he is a ripping kid and hope he comes good for the Swans, I think Healy said during the broadcast that he isn't a big marking forward, probably similar to Cadman, I can understand why we didn't go with either of them even though I would have been happy with them had we taken them.

I think Larkey is a good 2nd forward type and I think getting a McDonald or Cadman might be too much of the same type of player. I think we need a big contested marking key forward and there hasn't been one of those in previous drafts. Could be some good prospects in this year's draft.

Larkey like most decent key forwards had a slow start and had to take time to develop.

Last season was larkeys breakthrough season

Our ball movement forward had been dogshit for a few years and before then Brown was the main target. It has been better so far this year.

I think Larkey's best attribute is that he is an exceptional shot for goal, he has kicked 10.0 so far so he doesn't need a lot of opportunity to score. We need to get up to around 15 goals a game or so, It is good he is averaging 5 game but it takes a lot of traffic heading his way to get that return. in the long run it is not just how many your key forward averages, it is also the efficiency of returns from inside 50s, otherwise you wont score enough to win games consistently enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back