What the heck? Dangerfields a diver but were his actions bordering on racist?

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did anyone watch the round 22 Geelong game vs Brisbane on Saturday afternoon. 18:23 into the second term, Dangerfield gave away a free kick to Charlie Cameron for a hold without the ball. As Charlie lines up for goal, clearly frustrated dangerfield, pulls out a bow an arrow gesture to try and shoot the ball.
There is a 101 ways to put a player off, but drawing a bow and arrow to me, whilst an indigenous player takes a shot is just stupid and arrogant and perhaps hinges on racist. Curious to know what people think?
Is it nothing, or is it borderline racist..

if your sensibilities were anymore tender then you could be sold as veal.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Absolute legend. He's never done a single thing to warrant all the hate except be happy. People saw he couldn't stop smiling about his dream life on tv and they instantly hated him for it. Living in mansion by the beach with wife who isn't fat, paid good $$$. People are very bitter jealous creatures when they're genetically robbed.

Every man's dream, a wife who isn't fat.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did anyone watch the round 22 Geelong game vs Brisbane on Saturday afternoon. 18:23 into the second term, Dangerfield gave away a free kick to Charlie Cameron for a hold without the ball. As Charlie lines up for goal, clearly frustrated dangerfield, pulls out a bow an arrow gesture to try and shoot the ball.
There is a 101 ways to put a player off, but drawing a bow and arrow to me, whilst an indigenous player takes a shot is just stupid and arrogant and perhaps hinges on racist. Curious to know what people think?
Is it nothing, or is it borderline racist..
Oh my god hahahaha

Back