Is Peter van Onselen...

blackcat

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #1
I am reliably informed, that the Dutch definition, of Peter van Onselen, is "Peter, the media sult"...

gives Bill Shorten at Beaconsfield and the former opposition spokesperson on foreign relations a good name when it comes to media whoring.

Who was he fomerly an advisor to?

So, are we to assume, he will be running for a safeseat in Perth for the bluebloods circa 2013? Carly P chief advisor :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
Who's " Peter the media suit " ?
Former BF member ?

He was an advisor to abbott in the howard ministry.

He's had a big day today lol , fighting off the horde over one of his articles.
Then he pulled out his trademark " NEWSPOLL - WOW " tweet and everyone went defcon 1 on him but it turned out he was right lol.

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.
Who? Carly P or PvO ?
PvO is biographer of JWH. Was academic in Poli-science at uniNSW and CurtinUni
Moved to SkyNews, now the Channel 7 chief of national politics brief
Ahh there's my problem, I'm no longer into politics in even the slightest way as I have believed for a couple of decades that we are offered the illusion of choice and I watch/read a minuscule amount of main stream media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pie eyed

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpies
Halfwit ex-Fox right wing inbred, moved to 10 (lowest form of media on FTA) now they take their "news" from Fox.
10 are the worms anus of television, just barely clinging on to liquidity, have the lowest rent content aimed at ring wing halfwits
and have employed the "cheapest" staff available to pander to their low intellects.

blackcat

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #14
Halfwit ex-Fox right wing inbred, moved to 10 (lowest form of media on FTA) now they take their "news" from Fox.
10 are the worms anus of television, just barely clinging on to liquidity, have the lowest rent content aimed at ring wing halfwits
and have employed the "cheapest" staff available to pander to their low intellects.
Contract prolly $350k or in that vicinity

AFL Club
Adelaide
Ahh there's my problem, I'm no longer into politics in even the slightest way as I have believed for a couple of decades that we are offered the illusion of choice and I watch/read a minuscule amount of main stream media.
Last state election I took a chinese civil engineer to show her the voting system. She was out here on a working holiday.

And we agreed that in Australia we have an illusion of choice. We also agreed that election issues in Australia is all bullshit.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
His Twitter account clearly suggests to me he is hardly right winged.

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
leans right, hardly a crime. Murdoch + Sky actually produce the best centre-right news in the nation. PvO is a serious player/actor in the commentators

PvO > Leigh Sales
I love the three hour block on Sky where there’s Credlin, Bolt and Jones...quality balanced opinions right there.

blackcat

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #23
I wouldn't put any of those three and common sense in the same sentence.
There is no denying Roger Ailes and Murdoch's success, in commercial sphere with the pundit driven** , opinion(ated)*** news.

Also its undeniable as TheGreatBarryB says it, the presentation of material is heavily slanted.

** qualifier on definition of news
*** caveat^ implied same

Last edited:

Chief

110% sass!
AFL Club
Carlton
Admin #24
There is no denying Roger Ailes and Murdoch's success, in commercial sphere with the pundit driven** , opinion(ated)*** news.

Also its undeniable as TheGreatBarryB says it, the presentation of material is heavily slanted.

** qualifier on definition of news
*** caveat^ implied same
In other news, Ursus arctos found to defecate in heavily vegetated areas.

Top Bottom