Is political correctness stifling debate?

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ah, now I'm a Shapiro bro. You really can't accept the notion of someone thinking for themselves, being heterodox in their ideology and taking each situation as unique and nuanced.

I think I've listened to a Shapiro podcast / show twice in my life. He is too socially and politically conservative for my liking but can respect the basis of a lot of his views. Which, it goes without saying, isn't tacit approval or agreement with them...

Find a new box.
All your talking points are Shapiro simple as that. I know exactly what your going to respond with before you even say it. The only surprise was your Yang gang, but most of the yang gang are shapiro converts, its JBP/Shapiro desciples filtered through Joe Rogan become Yang gang, its the new cycle.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ah, now I'm a Shapiro bro. You really can't accept the notion of someone thinking for themselves, being heterodox in their ideology and taking each situation as unique and nuanced.

I think I've listened to a Shapiro podcast / show twice in my life. He is too socially and politically conservative for my liking but can respect the basis of a lot of his views. Which, it goes without saying, isn't tacit approval or agreement with them...

Find a new box.
Show me one post where you arent a complete libertarian trope. You are not an individual at all, you are completely indoctrinated. Your position is an amagamation of centre-right reddit and youtube perspectives 100%.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Show me one post where you arent a complete libertarian trope. You are not an individual at all, you are completely indoctrinated. Your position is an amagamation of centre-right reddit and youtube perspectives 100%.
You can call me Suzie if it makes you feel better. I've no desire to defend myself against irrelevant and uninteresting accusations. Either the ideas or arguments I put forward are well-considered and meritorious or they aren't. Whatever you label me as has no bearing on that.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Your position is an amagamation of centre-right reddit and youtube perspectives 100%.
Dude... of all the people you could direct that description at, Shandog is not one of them. That's laughable, you must be confused with someone else.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dude... of all the people you could direct that description at, Shandog is not one of them. That's laughable, you must be confused with someone else.
How would you know? youre the same. completely indoctrinated, the media and the oligarchy have complete control over your mind. You guys are just the latest incarnation of class traitors standing in opposition to any form of collective organisation... You are the factory scab, house negro, petit bourgeois.

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is political correctness stifling debate?

Yes, just look at how this website is run. There is one rule for the left and a completely different set of rules for the right.

Examples?

Actually I find it weird that I'm even in this thread. I agree with it. I probably don't think it's as big of a deal as it's made out to be, and as I've demonstrated to FireKraquora , I believe a more serious instutionalisation of anti free speech principals have taken place in the form of the american president. His own subreddit will not even allow one iota of disagreement and certainly parts of the right wing loves it's information bubbles and lack of free thought as much as anyone.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Examples?

Actually I find it weird that I'm even in this thread. I agree with it. I probably don't think it's as big of a deal as it's made out to be, and as I've demonstrated to FireKraquora , I believe a more serious instutionalisation of anti free speech principals have taken place in the form of the american president. His own subreddit will not even allow one iota of disagreement and certainly parts of the right wing loves it's information bubbles and lack of free thought as much as anyone.
True but I also think a lot of examples being discussed aren't PC - they're just different forms of tribalism from each side.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How would you know? youre the same. completely indoctrinated, the media and the oligarchy have complete control over your mind. You guys are just the latest incarnation of class traitors standing in opposition to any form of collective organisation... You are the factory scab, house negro, petit bourgeois.

Keep going, sooner or later someone will reply to you and you will be able to copy and paste it in to your sociology assignment.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Keep going, sooner or later someone will reply to you and you will be able to copy and paste it in to your sociology assignment.

Sociology isn't really a hot bed of Leftism as I understand it Meds

Contra Mundum

10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Quite the contrary - it's absolutely dominated by people with left wing beliefs. The polling and studies have made this extremely clear.

Not relative to other Departments - but keep the fantasy alive!

Contra Mundum

10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Who said anything about relative numbers? What fantasy?

Holy shifting goalposts Batman!

Compared to say Gender Studies or English Departments - most academic sociologists are stats nerds who do endless surveys - maybe left wing but not in an obvious ideological way. Put it that way

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Compared to say Gender Studies or English Departments - most academic sociologists are stats nerds who do endless surveys - maybe left wing but not in an obvious ideological way. Put it that way
That's not what the North American surveys and studies have shown in the last few years.

Contra Mundum

10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
That's not what the North American surveys and studies have shown in the last few years.

My brother is a sociologist at UWA - he used to be an actuary. The academic sociologists I have met are pretty much like him - boring as bat s**t. I think may be the point Meds was making was that it is jejune and undergraduate to refer to "class traitors"

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
But is it? I mean, he's not saying that transgenders do that. He's saying if you make an exception then the pedophiles could easily put on wigs and use that as an excuse if they are caught loitering in the bathroom.

I'm as open as the next person, but this shouldn't go through for that reason. Not because there is anything wrong with transgenders; but because there is something wrong with SOME people in general. I think if you are going to do this, then you need to go all the way and have unisex toilets. At least then it would be somewhat safer knowing that a father can go in with his daughter.
Mate - there are a lot of fugly women out there - theres some pretty attractive looking transgender women out there.

Ya not gonna know half the time

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Quite the contrary - it's absolutely dominated by people with left wing beliefs. The polling and studies have made this extremely clear.

100% correct. It's mostly an ideology, and not a rigid science these days.

Unfortunately, it's academically flexible enough to facilitate political white-anting, and the pile in on this has been huge.

Back