Is political correctness stifling debate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Get coherent.

I was. You said people are able to get into politics etc etc....I responded by saying when they do they run the risk of being targeted by those who benefit from maintaining certain politically correct orthodoxies. With prison or death, very real possibilities.

See Tommy Robinson for the former, and Theo Van Gogh (RIP) for the latter.

Not how it should be in the free, Democratic societies you claim exist.

It's a simple fact that the driving force behind identity politics is the request of the relevant group/s to be treated fairly.
I just have to live with that fact.
What is sad is your retreat into a fantasy world so you can hide from facts you don't like.
That’s not what it is about at all.

It's a simple fact that the driving force behind identity politics is the request of the relevant group/s to be treated fairly.
I just have to live with that fact.
What is sad is your retreat into a fantasy world so you can hide from facts you don't like.

Which facts are they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a young trans friend, she's 21 and I see all the prejudices that she faces and all the arguments about why she's wrong and a freak as being the same I faced 25 years ago as a young gay man. The bigots are just recycling their hate campaigns.

What is the collective noun for a group of narcissists?

I have a young trans friend, she's 21 and I see all the prejudices that she faces and all the arguments about why she's wrong and a freak as being the same I faced 25 years ago as a young gay man. The bigots are just recycling their hate campaigns.

Im not going to go as far as some....clearly body dismorpia is real, and there are people who genuinely feel trapped in the wrong body. Those people are entitled to respect and access to whatever it is that may make there life better.

But societies initial completely noble wish to extend tolerance, has, as is often the case, been exploited by a minority of people who wish to use the issue to pursue there own agendas, or are sick predators such as Jessica/Jonathan Yaniv, who are attempting to use the trans movement to hide in plain site.

You can’t deny this Gough.

Im not going to go as far as some....clearly body dismorpia is real, and there are people who genuinely feel trapped in the wrong body. Those people are entitled to respect and access to whatever it is that may make there life better.

But societies initial completely noble wish to extend tolerance, has, as is often the case, been exploited by a minority of people who wish to use the issue to pursue there own agendas, or are sick predators such as Jessica/Jonathan Yaniv, who are attempting to use the trans movement to hide in plain site.

You can’t deny this Gough.
And if you targeted the minority, you would be fine. Problem is, most like to target the majority. Yet listen to men squeal, for example, if there’s any suggestion whatsoever than all men should even consider their behaviour because some men are rapists and abusers (much larger numbers than trans perverts). Then, it’s a minority problem again.

And if you targeted the minority, you would be fine. Problem is, most like to target the majority. Yet listen to men squeal, for example, if there’s any suggestion whatsoever than all men should even consider their behaviour because some men are rapists and abusers (much larger numbers than trans perverts). Then, it’s a minority problem again.
You're suggesting perverts should have access to female toilets. No one here is advocating rapists having greater access to women.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back