Is political correctness stifling debate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course not. It shouldn't even be discussed. Close this thread in case people right objectionable things here that none of us want to see.

CLOSE IT ALL DOWN!!!

PC has been around for years, it had already gained much traction while millennials were still in diapers. Those who recall the 90’s know the term “political correctness gone mad“ was ever more prevalent as that decade wore on. How do you judge whether it’s gone too far though? I’d say the negatives at this point outweigh any positives from it. No doubt the intention to bring it in it was brought about as the west became ever more racially diverse. I guess it’s intention was to create homogenised and stable communities. When you look at the state of play right now, can you say it’s succeeded though?

A sober assessment of the current situation in the US.

As someone with an analytical brain and what would probably be considered moderate personal politics, it really gets to the heart of my frustrations with current political discourse.

Apologies if already discussed in other threads.

I don't agree with all of this but the case is lucidly stitched together.

The way grievances against "political correctness" have been wielded by RW populists to dupe stupid supporters rings all too true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Wokes collide. If there's gender representation in honours, shouldn't other genders get a look in?

When Wokes collide. If there's gender representation in honours, shouldn't other genders get a look in?

There was a clear decision to promote women in australia day. It appears margaret court was promoted due to gender inequalty when compared to Laver.

There was a clear decision to promote women in australia day. It appears margaret court was promoted due to gender inequalty when compared to Laver.

A fine point on Courts tennis achievements has been Serenas' inability to match - each time she fails (its been a couple of years), Courts record gets a run internationally.
Toss in Martinas comments on transgender athletes playing tennis, & Mrs Court gets a run again.

Its her tennis that puts in the spotlight, not those who oppose her religious views trying to use her to promote their own.

Are the anti-PC warriors upset that the "n" word is now a no-no?
Yes cos it means the colour black and only upsets people due to association error with actual racist behaviour. The word is not inherently racist which is why african americans sometimes refer to each other as the n word. Im horrified at the use of cockroaches, rats, and monkees to describe people of certain races or religions. They are objectively racist when used to describe a race. But not the n word.

It was simply a question to try to ascertain if the anti-PC brigade think there are boundaries or limits involved.

How about the truth?

Uncomfortable truths are now openly censored.

In fact, I assume that exact thing is the basis of this thread.

How about the truth?

Uncomfortable truths are now openly censored.

In fact, I assume that exact thing is the basis of this thread.

In the social media world* its as simple as deleting a post, a conversation.

* its the whole world for some, blindly repeating something you saw.
Truth does not rate a consideration, its whomever yells the loudest, the pile on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back