Autopsy Is Pressure Officially Valued Higher Then Pure Skill?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think pressure is more measurable and constantly expected. Only one player can carry the ball at any one time, so what are the other 35 players going to do?

It's not an either/or proposition, skill is clearly valued. Coaches should be adapting/modelling their game-plan strategies responsively towards the specific domain of list attributes. Leveraging what the list has to offer and working around the issues should always be a significant factor, and you can always trade and draft to rebuild closer to intent.

Yes, which is an absolute shame this is what our game has come to...

We have ourselves to blame. Or my father. He watches the games on TV and constantly yells at the commentators for the stupid crap they spout. I love asking him why he doesnt just turn the sound down and he always responds with "but I want to hear what they are saying".

Old people huh.

As has been shown in the last two years, pressure game styles seem to have become the key to success. Clubs keep pressure ratings and seem to use it as one of the large indicators these days. A Key example of this is Essendon who have struggled with a run and gun game style based of skill this year while ranking around 15th for forward pressure and locking the ball in. Is it fair to say pressure is officially ranked more important in today’s game then pure skill?

Pressure is a skill.

Part of top level football is the ability to execute your skills under pressure. That’s why in the warm up that spud that gets shitcanned on here is still hitting spot up passes, but 20 minutes later is spraying the ball out on the full.

‘Pure skill’ as you put it in the reality of a game of football, means nothing.

Unless I’ve misunderstood what you mean. What do you mean by ‘pure skill’?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back