10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
Surely.

Deadset, how anyone can listen to this tripe is beyond me. I'm not usually one for the "It all sounds the same" cop-out, but if it's applicable anywhere, it's R n' f'n B.

All R n B fans must br Tied to chairs and forced to listen to Run DMC's"Raising Hell" BDP'Criminal Minded" and Public Enemy"It takes a nation of millions to hold us back" and all their 'street' clothing burned too.

Nope. If all you're going to base your opinion of an entire genre of music on is its commercial exposure, you're always going to have a negative spin.

Pop, R 'n' B, Hip-Hop, Hard Rock, Metal, Punk. All are currently being flogged by the commercial music scene. If you looked just at this scene, you'd say that all those genres are crap. But that's obviously bogus.

If you knew anything about real R & B, you'd be talking about Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Diana Ross, et al. That's some great talent.

Perspective, please.

There needs to be a distinction between Rn'B and Rhythm and Blues.

Levi from Australian Idol is indeed devil's spawn, i mean he keeps flicking his tongue out and everything.

Yes, the accepted form of the term is! Half that crap isn't even r 'n b. I am pretty liberal in my musical tastes but I cannot bear to listen to some of the production line poo that is released and paraded around as soul / hip hop / r and b.

Otis Redding would be rolling in his grave.

That stuff really isn't R&B, and shouldn't be called R&B. It's basically rap music with actual sung vocals instead of spoken word.

To think that anybody could have taken James Brown and Stevie Wonder and somehow evolved it into Beyonce/Brandy/Nelly. How the hell does that happen?

Originally posted by M29
Curiously, when were their last releases?

Too long ago. I don't know a thing about contemporary R & B, but the classics were great, so I'm happy with that. It's not really my thing anyway.

R&B = Wilson Picket, Sam&Dave,Otis Redding et al and the King of them all, James Brown, not to mention the Sister of Soul, Aretha. And not forgetting the Tamla-Motown stuff. If you haven't, watch 'Standing in the Shadows of Motown', all about the Funk Brothers, the backing band behind all the songs. There, you'll find serious talent and talk about groove, these boys are the epitome of groove.

Not the sh1te that is masquaraded as R&B now. R&B my arse!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, not a tool of Satan, he probably has better taste. Its just *****. To quote Bart Simpson "All the best bands are affiliated with Satan".

R&B in the teeny-bopper, of so out there, 00's club sense is described as "rythmn and bass" to differentiate itself from the real, and still truly cool R & B rythmn and blues. It ****es me off the number of clubs that play it endlessly, since it is impossible to dance more than a slow sort of shuffle to.

But at the end of the day, why should I care just cause I'm a ****er about music. I can just sit in the dark and listen to what I want without the industry telling me whats cool.

Originally posted by Stevo
If you knew anything about real R & B, you'd be talking about Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Diana Ross, et al. That's some great talent.

Perspective, please.

Absolutely. I'm sure Marvin Gay(e), James Brown-Love and Diana gRoss are all extremely talented. the thing is, IMO
any r'n'b is $hit. yep and i mean the whole bloody genre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back