Is Ray Chamberlain the biggest Tool in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Toecutter

All Australian
Feb 25, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Essendon
After watching and listening to Ray Chamberlain umpire Sunday's game between the Bombers and the Hawks i have come to the conclusion that he is definitely the biggest tool in the AFL. A severe touch of short man syndrome from a bloke who probably got picked on up to year 12 at school. I think i saw him make an appearance in "Basebasketball" as Little Bitch.:D

After watching and listening to Ray Chamberlain umpire Sunday's game between the Bombers and the Hawks i have come to the conclusion that he is definitely the biggest tool in the AFL. A severe touch of short man syndrome from a bloke who probably got picked on up to year 12 at school. I think i saw him make an appearance in "Basebasketball" as Little Bitch.:D

ROFL
Perhaps not the biggest tool but certainly one of the worst umpires out there. Bloody terrible. :thumbsdown:

Definitely the littlest tosser in the AFL ....

Wish they could play a umpires vs umpires game at the end of the year with players umpiring. Geez that would be some good quality s**t.

I can just see RayRay running around imagining that everyone is looking at how good he is.....lol

I actually went to school with him back in Canberra, and he does fit the umpire sterotype. It all made sense when I was watching a game on TV and saw the small boy running run.

We shouldn't even know his name. These umpires think they are rock stars now that they have such a high profile. Take the numbers off their backs & make them wear masks to hide their identities. They should be just like the goal umpires - nameless drones - yes a neccesary part of the game but simply there to facilitate the game for the real stars - the players.

I'd say Scott McLaren is a bigger tool.

Scott's umpiring has bordered on cheating this year.
The way the umpires officiate in our code is a disgrace.
If we didn't have idiots like Demetriou in charge I am sure there would be ramifications on how the turds carry-on on the field and there work standard.
The way they speak to players is disgraceful and they abuse the priveledges they have, just can't wait for someone to take over and take away there spoilt little "I Can do whatever I like coz I'm an umpire" Ego's.

We shouldn't even know his name. These umpires think they are rock stars now that they have such a high profile. Take the numbers off their backs & make them wear masks to hide their identities. They should be just like the goal umpires - nameless drones - yes a neccesary part of the game but simply there to facilitate the game for the real stars - the players.

Exactly:thumbsu:

It's a sad indictment on where the game's gone that umpires and umpiring personalities are inlcuded under the general ambit of "football discussion".

They are facilitators of the game, nothing more. They should have no profile at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ray Chamberlain has been in the play too much for the past two months, getting knocked over by players or talking crap to them. Still gets a game every week, he must be able to bounce the ball straight or something.

Scott's umpiring has bordered on cheating this year.
The way the umpires officiate in our code is a disgrace.
If we didn't have idiots like Demetriou in charge I am sure there would be ramifications on how the turds carry-on on the field and there work standard.
The way they speak to players is disgraceful and they abuse the priveledges they have, just can't wait for someone to take over and take away there spoilt little "I Can do whatever I like coz I'm an umpire" Ego's.

Although all umpires do it, he is particularly fond of stopping the entire game just to tell off a player for something completely trivial. I.e. someone will get pushed before a ball up, and he will stop the entire game so he can have a quiet word with all players involved. It's self-indulgent crap.

It was great at the Carlton v Adelaide game earlier this year, he stopped play so he could have his usual egotistical word to the players, and the crowd heavily booed him for doing it. Then when running backwards to the ball-up, he fell flat on his arse. The crowd stood as one, Carlton supporters and Adelaide supporters were both loving it. Biggest cheer of the day! Great moment. :thumbsu:

Take the microphones off the f**ckers I say!

Problem solved.

No voice - no perceived say.

There's not much point in me hearing Lance Franklin yelling down the microphone 'Sorry Clarko - missed it'

I'd much rather hear Goldy or someone of his ilk explain his actions during a game at the press conference.

Take the microphones off the f**ckers I say!

Problem solved.

No voice - no perceived say.

There's not much point in me hearing Lance Franklin yelling down the microphone 'Sorry Clarko - missed it'

I'd much rather hear Goldy or someone of his ilk explain his actions during a game at the press conference.

Totally agree. I think most umpires are fine, but Ray seems to be one of those people who loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

A lot of football supporters try to pretend umpires don't exist but it's hard not to notice them when their mickey mouse voices are screeching across our screens.

They used to say a good umpire is someone you don't even realise is out there. Someone should tell that to this current lot.

I think the person that created this thread would have to be the biggest tool. Aren't umpires meant to be seen and not heard? If you don't want to listen to the umpires, don't...... SIMPLE.
I have also read ont his forum many times about cheating. The worst thing an umpire can be called is a cheat. I umpire footy and if you get it wrong, you get it wrong, but you certainly dn't go out there to f*ck up on purpose...
I have also read that umpires aren't important to the game. I agree that umpires shouldn't feature so prominently. IMO they shouldn't even explain decisions to players. Although I do it on Saturday if asked only. Pay decision, ***** off and make the next one. Have a no tolerance to abuse (like in both rugby codes) and bring back the after match function.
The relationship would be a lot better.

I think the person that created this thread would have to be the biggest tool. Aren't umpires meant to be seen and not heard? If you don't want to listen to the umpires, don't...... SIMPLE.

The umpires comments are broadcast by the network, how are we supposed to not listen?

RayRay is a f***king tool. I rate him with McLaren and Goldy as the worst umpires going around. :mad:

Although all umpires do it, he is particularly fond of stopping the entire game just to tell off a player for something completely trivial. I.e. someone will get pushed before a ball up, and he will stop the entire game so he can have a quiet word with all players involved. It's self-indulgent crap.

It was great at the Carlton v Adelaide game earlier this year, he stopped play so he could have his usual egotistical word to the players, and the crowd heavily booed him for doing it. Then when running backwards to the ball-up, he fell flat on his arse. The crowd stood as one, Carlton supporters and Adelaide supporters were both loving it. Biggest cheer of the day! Great moment. :thumbsu:

Am i the only one sick to death of umpires telling players off for doing something they don't like and sounding like school teachers?. If there is a free kick there, pay it otherwise shut the f$%* up!!!!

Don't push, stop that or i'll pay a free, give me the ball...NOW, don't go over the mark, don't do anything silly,....etc...etc.....f&*^&ing etc...

Time to take the mike away from the umps. The only insight it has provided is just how small some of these guys actually are.

regards,

REB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back