Is Ray Chamberlain the biggest Tool in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say Scott McLaren is a bigger tool.

The day I saw him warm before the game by practicing his play on signal (and calling it) was the day AFL umpires lost me forever.

It is a shame because I think Hayden Kennedy and Brett Allen are half decent blokes.

The biggest tools are the ones who keep pumping Chamberlain up.

Just then, Chamberlain to a player "pull your head in"

Then Tim Watson goes on about how 'razor Ray' is the man to keep order.

I agree, I don't want to know who these blokes are, we shouldn't know their names or hear their voices. Very obvious many of them get their jollies through the extra attention.

I've heard Watson, and BT & MMM really pump his tyres up. Same goes for Goldspink. Umpires should never be lauded like this, esp. when they are as poor as these two.

The same trio of muppets tonight bettered their efforts against St Kilda.

Has to be concerns over match fixing with bias like tonight, with little midget Chamberlain leading the charge with his own unique interpretations.

Its obvious he is pumping up his supposed personality to get a gig, as his performance should see him umpiring the Mandurang Under 12's girls

He needs to be sacked along with McLaren and Goldspank. Problem with the AFL is these three will most likely umpire the GF this year (by far and away the most frightening hurdle in Geelong's way). Only reason Goldy won't is if he is still in the bad books for being unfit at start of the year.

I'm not joking about what I said about them in a Geelong final either. That's our biggest possible head ache right there.

In the Saturday edition of the Sydney Morning Herald a few weeks ago they had a quote from Ray in the Fitz Files section. Not sure if this has been used on the umpires board before but some wag in the crowd yelled to him, "Hey Ray, the Dingo took the wrong Chamberlain." :D I can't get this out of my head when ever I see him overacting or he makes a crappy decisions.

First time I ever noticed him was about 10 weeks ago when there was the boundary umpire made an error with Mcphee being out of bounds at the SCG kicking the ball to McVeigh in last quarter that resulted in a goal and later on Essendon win by a point.

As the umpires are walking off the ground, they are put on the big screen. When some guy abuses him he winks back at him. I wondered then if was doing it for the camera or that's just him.

The same trio of muppets tonight bettered their efforts against St Kilda.

Has to be concerns over match fixing with bias like tonight, with little midget Chamberlain leading the charge with his own unique interpretations.

Its obvious he is pumping up his supposed personality to get a gig, as his performance should see him umpiring the Mandurang Under 12's girls

People are too afraid to confront this thought. I never said a word about umpiring before this year and if anything stuck up for them.

This year has changed the game, they are dangerous and I can't believe what I keep seeing. They are cheats, no question.

The only question is whether or not they are remunerated for it.

The day I saw him warm before the game by practicing his play on signal (and calling it) was the day AFL umpires lost me forever.

It is a shame because I think Hayden Kennedy and Brett Allen are half decent blokes.

echo these sentiments, guys like goldspink, mclaren and chamberlain seem to want to be personalities not just umpires. i couldn't beleive the pies had chamberlain and mclaren again last night, we've been cursed with this combo a few times this year. i try to be objective but these 2 make a big effort to stamp their authority on the game in a way that tells everyone "this is my game and you'll do what i say". these 2 are definitely the worst simply because everyone knows when they are umpiring. with most of the others, because they are generally unobtrusive, you have to look up to see who's umpiring. the exception is brett allen because no-one else has got such a magnificent head of hair:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back