Is Richmond 2018 the greatest premiership defence choke in history?

B2B GOAT choke

• Richmond 2018

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Hawfs (lol - love you Lloyd) 2009

Votes: 10 27.0%

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Lynch nominates Collingwood as his preferred team

“I just feel like they might be an up and coming side and don’t want to look like I’m jumping onto a team just for the glory” he said

MAYNE%20Chris.png

Losing a prelim after having the week off by 39 points to a team nobody predicted would win, after finishing the year 2 games clear on top?

giphy.gif

I don't think the Tiger fans are reading this thread at the moment.

I think they're on YouTube, listening to the theme to 'Curb Your Enthusiasm', aka Frolic by Luciano Michelini.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, um 2008?
We were destroyed by injuries, played Hodge in the ruck at one stage. Very young team who won a flag ahead of its time. (A Dogs fan will understand that)

Richmond are a mature team who had a charmed injury run both years, lost most interstate games, and gurgled one of the biggest prelim chokes in history.

We were destroyed by injuries, played Hodge in the ruck at one stage. Very young team who won a flag ahead of its time. (A Dogs fan will understand that)

Richmond are a mature team who had a charmed injury run both years, lost most interstate games, and gurgled one of the biggest prelim chokes in history.
I agree it's a choke, but Geelong's was bigger

They only lost one game all season up until the game that mattered

Gotta remember too, Pies copped heaps of injuries last two games between them and the Tiges and the Tiges ran all over them late on, they finally get no in game injuries and are allowed to play at full potential for four quarters

Nah

Carey missed most of the year, yet still made it to a prelim

St Kilda, The Dogs and Adelaide were better that year
I got my Norf chokes confused. I was thinking of the Adelaide GF but that was 98 so doesn't count

Back