Is Richmond a genuine flag chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crucial H&A fixture against a top four contender doesn’t matter?
Not in the end it didn’t no. If we won that game correct me if I’m wrong but I think we would have finished 1st and you blokes 4th and 1st week finals match ups wouldn’t have changed. At the end of the day that loss was the one that set us on the course to winning the flag, we were a different team after that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond vs Geelong in finals is 8 - 2 Richmond's way Richmond owns Geelong in finals
Anything that happened before 2007 in the AFL is irrelevant in my eyes.

Delusional Richmond as always then, is that why you played so poorly?
Selections were bad that game iirc. We went into the game what I feel was like 1-2 midfielders short of the right balance and then lost Caddy early on to top it off. Coming into the game short of midfielders is a no go zone against Geelong at SS given the dimensions of the ground. They'll just bully you in the midfield and that is exactly what they did.

Brought in Caddy, Graham and Townsend to give us some size in the QF and it worked much better. The ground also helped because of the space.

Selections were bad that game iirc. We went into the game what I feel was like 1-2 midfielders down and then lost Caddy early on to top it off. Coming into the game short of midfielders is a no go zone against Geelong at SS given the dimensions of the ground. They'll just bully you in the midfield and that is exactly what they did.

Brought in Caddy, Graham and Townsend to give us some size in the QF and it worked much better. The ground also helped because of the space.
Really? Bad selections?

Just imagine if you'd had 3 of your best 5 players out...

Yet Richmond flogged Geelong with those players in the team during a final just face it junior Geelong is inferior to Richmond
I am still of the belief that Geelong is a better side, and keep in mind that from a footballing perspective that game was wrongly held at your home ground.

We do not fare well after an enforced break or a 'week off' and I can't wait to play Richmond again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back