Is Richmond a genuine threat in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nankervis isn't even a top 10 ruckman in the league (especially with tap work where he is very average at best). He can't be the main reason.

More than the sum of his parts.

Brings pressure around the stoppages, takes relieving marks, key forwards have to earn their kicks while he’s skulking lose in defence.

Really is the glue in the Richmond team, and also seems to play better in big games.

Brings pressure around the stoppages, takes relieving marks, key forwards have to earn their kicks while he’s skulking lose in defence.

Really is the glue in the Richmond team, and also seems to play better in big games.
So even the players are bandwagoners

nank, vlas, balta, prestia, Lambert , Edwards, broad, Houli. It’s not an excuse but take 8 players like them out of any side and they’ll struggle.

Take May, Lever, Oliver, Langdon, Bradshaw, viney, and another 2 out of Melbourne and they wouldn’t beat Adelaide … oh wait
You kicked two goals against a bottom 8 side and have been trashed every week since.

FYI most of the Richmond players you listed are old and s**t.

Not playing your best tall defender Blicavs on Lynch… who was the match winner in a prelim… is pretty hard to justify, not just in hindsight.

And leaving Dangerfield up forward for so long in the third quarter of both the 2019 PF and 2020 GF when Richmond were dominating the run of play from the midfield were strange ‘non moves’ also.

This is not to say Scott is not an excellent coach or that the results would have been different. But if given his time again in all 3 instances, Blicavs would have played on Lynch and he wouldn’t have left Danger up forward for so long as the game slipped away.

If he claims he wouldn’t have done things differently he’s clearly too pig headed for his own good. Or unable to recognise his own coaching errors.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think the only pig headed thing about this conversation is that you think you know “exactly” what went wrong in the prelim for geelong and that you are some kind of footy analyst expert and if someone of Chris Scott’s position can’t agree with your analysis there is some arrogance.

of the humor of this. Please elaborate how much you are getting paid for your wise o football knowledge ??

Not playing your best tall defender Blicavs on Lynch… who was the match winner in a prelim… is pretty hard to justify, not just in hindsight.

And leaving Dangerfield up forward for so long in the third quarter of both the 2019 PF and 2020 GF when Richmond were dominating the run of play from the midfield were strange ‘non moves’ also.

This is not to say Scott is not an excellent coach or that the results would have been different. But if given his time again in all 3 instances, Blicavs would have played on Lynch and he wouldn’t have left Danger up forward for so long as the game slipped away.

If he claims he wouldn’t have done things differently he’s clearly too pig headed for his own good. Or unable to recognise his own coaching errors.

Danger was injured

How’s the Richmond try hard losers or sore losers who call sen with excuses thinking there opinion is important and relevant. You have to have a Collingwood obsession or be really really jealously dumb to think bagging Collingwood because they have no draft picks (they can trade picks in for points) when they have the best kid in the country for free in daicos who will be better value than all Richmonds picks combined together. Just because they lost to Collingwood they call sen to bag them which make them look really stupid instead of blaming there own club. #LastYearTheyHadDeepestList #Now richmondhaveinjuries listen at the 46:50 minute mark https://player.whooshkaa.com/shows/sen-afternoons
They don't need to call SEN to look stupid.

I think every Richmond supporter has an unbelievable amount of respect and admiration for the consistency of the Geelong football club in H&A Football. They’ve got some unbelievable H&A players who rarely play a bad game - Danger, Tomahawk, Duncan, Menegola, Blicavs, Kolodjashnij, Selwood… if there was a ‘Team of the Century’ for H&A footballers they’d all be starting 18, and a Richmond supporter has nothing but respect for the H&A record of those Geelong H&A champions. Respect.

I don’t think RUNVS watched the 2020 prelim. It’s not a coincidence Nank arrived at Richmond in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think every Richmond supporter has an unbelievable amount of respect and admiration for the consistency of the Geelong football club in H&A Football. They’ve got some unbelievable H&A players who rarely play a bad game - Danger, Tomahawk, Duncan, Menegola, Blicavs, Kolodjashnij, Selwood… if there was a ‘Team of the Century’ for H&A footballers they’d all be starting 18, and a Richmond supporter has nothing but respect for the H&A record of those Geelong H&A champions. Respect.

Meanwhile, Geelong were consistently in Premiership contention more than a dozen years before Richmond had their little run, and it appears they will remain in Premiership contention whilst natural order is restored for Richmond and they wallow in the bottom half of the ladder for another two or three decades.

Hahahaha…. yeah, of course he was.

Even though it was widely reported on at the time I love that your response is sceptical, and yet I bet you'll tell us there was a "gastro outbreak" before the 2018 PF right?

Need to find a new Dustin Martin or get the existing one back into his match winning form. They’ve always been average without him performing injuries or not. Shows how good the guy is.

Yep - he's a game changer. How many times have we seen it - especially in finals - over the last 3 or 4 years?

I'm biased, but I think the COVID Cup might have been heading down the highway if he missed last year's GF.

I think the only pig headed thing about this conversation is that you think you know “exactly” what went wrong in the prelim for geelong and that you are some kind of footy analyst expert and if someone of Chris Scott’s position can’t agree with your analysis there is some arrogance.

of the humor of this. Please elaborate how much you are getting paid for your wise o football knowledge ??
Face facts, Scott couldn't coach cockroaches to run to the outside circle in a final.
All the evidence is there.

Even though it was widely reported on at the time I love that your response is sceptical, and yet I bet you'll tell us there was a "gastro outbreak" before the 2018 PF right?

Pies completely outplayed us … Cox played like Wayne Carey and we were down 60-10 at one stage. They played perfect football and there’s no excuse for that loss.

Danger’s a great player who had a mare in the GF. He played 114 of 123 minutes so he was probably pretty fit. At least he may get a chance to rectify that in 2021 which Richmond won’t be doing.

Pies completely outplayed us … Cox played like Wayne Carey and we were down 60-10 at one stage. They played perfect football and there’s no excuse for that loss.

Danger’s a great player who had a mare in the GF. He played 114 of 123 minutes so he was probably pretty fit. At least he may get a chance to rectify that in 2021 which Richmond won’t be doing.

What does “had a mare” mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back