Club History Is Robbie Gray our greatest ever of the AFL period?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Is it now appropriate to label Robbie Gray as our greatest ever AFL player? Has he usurped Warren Tredrea? And if not, how much more does he need to do? A premiership?

Definitely the highest impact per game, not the most accomplished career.

Waz and Gavin then Jay Schulz and Robbie?

Love Robbie but struggle to put him ahead of Jay.

Waz and Gavin then Jay Schulz and Robbie?

Love Robbie but struggle to put him ahead of Jay.

Everyone loved Jay. He'd probably be top 10 but there is no way he is ahead of a 4x BnF, 3x AA player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Takes more than one player to win a flag. I dont think that not having a medal really makes a difference to how he should be viewed.

I agree with others that he's tied with Gav and Tredders but I 100% think he will be the GOAT by the time he retires.

Chad Cornes gets left out of these lists all the time. Good forward who became the best CHB in the competition, then went into the midfield to become arguably the best player in the AFL. You could argue he laid down the blue print for players like Nathan Fyfe.
Would comfortably be ahead of the likes of Jay Schulz at the very minimum.

I love Schulzy but that’s up there with ‘Robbie Gray isn’t fit to tie Martin Leslie’s boots’ as an absurd call. The guy had 5, maybe 5 and a half good years for us, and none of those years were anywhere near what Robbie has been producing since his knee reco.

Unpopular opinion. But I’d have Boak in the top 5.

People are harsh on him for fumbling a few times in the last few seasons. He’s been an absolute legend of this football club
You could even put trengs in there as him and boak signing on was such an influential thing for this club maybe saved us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back