Analysis Is Rocky the Right Man for the Job?

Is Rocky the Right Man for the Job?

• Yes

Votes: 68 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps another way to express it is:

Rockliff in the team absolutely makes as a better team tomorrow, but him in the club house, may make us a worse team next week.

NB- the use of tomorrow and next week, are pithy metaphors rather than an actual literal estimation of the temporal impact of Rockliffs influence.

NB NB- the latter is for those who may be tempted to take statements a little too literally. I have never let specifics get in the way of a cool turn of phrase.

We have reached 100 pages. I think we can safelysay that the answer is a definitive no.

Yeah, if "the job" means "captaincy" then I think Fagan will answer that well and truly in the near future.

All I've been talking about is what he does on the field.
Dude re read what you wrote, unless you didn't mean to write it like that, that's how it comes across with the way you worded it. Obviously not the only one who's misconstrued what you've said because it read to me like you were blaming rocky for the performance of other players.
I think sometimes we forget footy is a job. Rocky will give his all on the field for us he is a professional after all. A year is a long time in football as well who knows what will happen in twelve months time, things can turn around and fast.
Maybe have a think and take some of your own advice.
Being a professional footballer isn't just playing well or doing team things on-field.
You might get away with turning up on the weekend in the suburbs or bush league, but you chose the word "professional". "Professional" needs to be on and off field. All the worse that he was captain, a "leader". It doesn't stop at the white line. Professional on-field just is not good enough.

Maybe have a think and take some of your own advice.
Being a professional footballer isn't just playing well or doing team things on-field.
You might get away with turning up on the weekend in the suburbs or bush league, but you chose the word "professional". "Professional" needs to be on and off field. All the worse that he was captain, a "leader". It doesn't stop at the white line. Professional on-field just is not good enough.
Yep nothing like doing a preseason with a guy who is a complete dick , even worse when they are the captain. Unfortunately I dId have to deal with that once

Yeah, if "the job" means "captaincy" then I think Fagan will answer that well and truly in the near future.

Like every new coach does...He has met with Rocky and almost all the players.. would imagine he would have a pretty good idea who he wants leading his charges out next season,....Just watched Fox trade week and Petroro was on and confirmed that would happen...reiterated that Tom will see out his contract and was excited about the future and how things are going....Any Leaks on captaincy?

Yep nothing like doing a preseason with a guy who is a complete dick , even worse when they are the captain. Unfortunately I dId have to deal with that once
Yep, you simply cannot just turn up to play on the day. Playing well can't continue to be an excuse to put up with the s**t the rest of the week. They've done it for too long.

Like every new coach does...He has met with Rocky and almost all the players.. would imagine he would have a pretty good idea who he wants leading his charges out next season,....Just watched Fox trade week and Petroro was on and confirmed that would happen...reiterated that Tom will see out his contract and was excited about the future and how things are going....Any Leaks on captaincy?
Shallow pool unfortunately

Shallow pool unfortunately

il_214x170.1065747385_c9yp.jpg

Is the base Rocky?

We have reached 100 pages. I think we can safelysay that the answer is a definitive no.

The burning question now (especially as it looks almost certain that Rock is staying).............. is....

....can this thread beat the legendary "The Future of James Aish" mega-thread ????

The title probably needs to be changed to "The Future of Tom Rockliff" .;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The burning question now (especially as it looks almost certain that Rock is staying).............. is....

....can this thread beat the legendary "The Future of James Aish" mega-thread ????

The title probably needs to be changed to "The Future of Tom Rockliff" .;)

Or the title could read.... " Rockliff the chicken f@cker" Don't worry I'll see myself out....good night.

Holy s**t man do I need to spell it any clearer for you. ON FIELD PROFESSIONALISM.

He's being paid what he is because of what he can achieve on the field. I am not disputing any of these things and have solely been talking about his on field performance and the proffessionalism he shows on the field.

You're always so eager to have an argument aren't you skoob.
You need to calm down a bit there. I think sometimes you assume you know what is going on because of a contact, perception, inclination or whatever. The thing about a public forum is it's ok to be wrong or a little off. To be honest, a lot of what is said is simply not correct on this forum.
That doesn't really matter though does it?
The only ones that know are the ones inside the walls and the real details aren't generally going to be splurged all over a forum.
You get a bit defensive sometimes and you really don't have to because big footy is really a bit of fun isn't it?? Or am I way off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back