Is Ross Lyon averse to risk?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, what?

It is entirely Ross' fault that he didn't develop the Saints players but it doesn't matter which club a player is at they will develop similarly?

That sir, is a contradiction. Either those Saints players are spuds regardless of which club they ended up at, or Lyon had some influence on Blakely's development.

You can pick.

I'm confused couldn't I just flip that around ? If playing older players trading in ready made and leaving the young players to 'develop' was some wonderful strategy how come he left the Saints in such a hole that they're still trying to dig their way out of it ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The coach can only provide the tools and attempt to inspire. It's still up to the individual to do something about it, they are humans and not programmable robots.

I thought that's what I was saying , you held up Walters as a Lyon development + , I said why didn't it work with these guys and you said it's about personal drive which was kinda what I was saying all along

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

In summary, the answer is clearly yes. He is averse to risk. He left Saints because there was a very high risk they would be totally s**t house for many years after terrible recruiting - so he got the f**k outta there and headed for the safer shores of Freo.

Why do people want this thread closed? Its the only thread we have discussing the tactical side of our coach.
The problem is people like to talk about st kilda Ross , rather than freo Lyon . He is having a real rebuild where he skip at saint. I not 100% sure he can take freo to a flag as nobody is perfect .

Why do people want this thread closed? Its the only thread we have discussing the tactical side of our coach.

People don't think we should be allowed to criticise anything the coach does so they want the thread closed so they can pretend everything is perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back