Is Sailor Moon the greatest Anime?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with "Borgsta". I would be more interested in a discussion if "Bombers 2003" had phrased his statement more like "Sailor Moon is the greatest anime", then put up an argument to prove his point. WHY do you feel "Sailor Moon" is the greatest anime "Bombers" ? For the record my favorite is possibly "Read Or Die" or "Ninja Scroll" or maybe "Last Exile" if we are talking Anime series.

WHAT u obviously have no idea of any anime's apart from sailor moon and dragon ball z

There are soooooooooo many better ones out there than sailor moon.

Naruto is good
Neon Genesis Evangelion is REALLY good

There are some wicked ones that channell 10 dont show... lol

Epic fail for this man.

The greatest anime ever is clearly Evangelion. Even if bizzare pseudo-incest, soul-searching and living robots beating the s**t out of each other with ribs isn't your thing, there's still numerous series like the Ghost in the Shell SACs, Bebop, timeless classics such as Gundam and Macross, and modern masterpieces like Death Note and Ergo Proxy.

Seriously, Sailor Moon?

Trigun is fantastic, and I'll always be a Dragonball fan.

A couple of movies I also enjoy are Wicked City, and Urotsukidoji. ;)

I have watched those two especially Urotsukidoji. You damn know that Urotsukidoji is a hentai film, but its at good movie. and people, if you dont know what hentai is... look it up on wikipedia.

Back on the topic... is Sailor Moon the best Anime ever? Its one of the best and one of the most inflentual anime series ever!

I remember the days when it was on channel 7 in Adelaide. It was on Agros Cartoon Connection.:eek:

And on chesse TV there was an Anime show on called Robotech.

Yeah I was only 8 years old at the time and Anime was not known in australia unlike now. I remember the theme music.

Fighting evil by moonlight,
Winning love by daylight,
Never running from a real fight,
She is the one named Sailor Moon.

She will never turn her back on a friend,
She is always there to defend,
She is the one on whom we can depend,
She is the one named Sailor.....

Sailor Venus,
Sailor Mercury,
Sailor Mars,
Sailor Jupiter!

With secret powers,
All so new to her,
She is the one named Sailor Moon.

Fighting evil by moonlight,
Winning love by daylight,
With her Sailor Scouts to help fight,
She is the one named Sailor Moon,
She is the one.... Sailor Moon!

Yeah you lot can enjoy Death notes, your Triguns and Ninja Scroll. But I Will remember this... Sailor Moon and Robotech were the first animes to be seen on Normal aussie TV.

Then All of a sudden Pokemon was on Channel 10, and SBS had animes series such as Trigun, Ghost in the shell and Gunsmith Cats and movies such as Castle of Cagliostro Princess monoke and Spriggan flying out left right and centre.

Oh and for the record my favourite Sailor Scout is Sailor Mercury!:D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=36DT_t2QbMA

heres the Sailor Moon theme!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its hard to go past the following:

Pokemon (The massive following it had)
Naruto (The massive following it has now)
Dragonball (Massive hit, cult status)

As for animes that could be the best in a few years time:

Death Note (Getting massive exposure in Australia now, with it being aired on TV)
Code Geass (Didn't win awards for nothing)
Bleach (Re: Death Note)

Does anyone remember TeknoMan, out around the same time as Sailor Moon. Preferred that actually. Then Pokemon & DBZ started the explosion.
Sailor Moon to me seemed like an early hybrid of the 2 main streams of anime. The fight/sci-fi/concept stuff, with the high-school stuff. It worked.
The Akira film is the only anime i REALLY like though. Masterpiece.

Does anyone remember TeknoMan, out around the same time as Sailor Moon. Preferred that actually.

Yeah I remembered that show. It was one of my favourite shows to watch before I went to school as a kid.

But writers must have had a sense of humour by calling one of the main characters Ballzack. He must have got beaten up alot as a kid.

Anyone want to have a go on the actresses that could play all the sailor chicks if there was a real adaption of it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back