Remove this Banner Ad

thedevilsowne

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
I was stuffed from work the other nite an cut in front of another car that I didn't see. He tailgated me an I thought fair enough.. Normally I'd slow down an f@#K with them in other circumtance's. In this case I thought my bad, deseved that. I'm never intimidated on the road thou so not sure how other's would see it. Just curious what others think.

It's environmentally friendly to tailgate as the slipstream allows you to burn less fuel and emit less climate warming CO2. If you care for the earth you should tailgate.

No. It's aggressive and dangerous. It's sometimes understandable, but never justified. Personally, if somebody is tailgating me, I just slow down and watch them suffer.

I remember once driving down the Barton highway (which connects Canberra to the Hume highway on the Melbourne side), which is single lane for most of the way, a car two cars ahead of me was driving at 100, which is the limit. The guy behind him (and therefore in front of me) was, nevertheless, tailgating him, and obviously wanted to overtake him.

I decided that this guy was a dick, so when an overtaking lane came up, I came up right behind him, and gunned it so I overtook him before he could overtake the front guy. After checking the tailgater's car to make sure there were no women in labour or other such medical emergencies that might explain his aggressive driving, I got up level with the front guy and just sat there, so the tailgater couldn't overtake. I shared a grin with the front guy, who obviously noticed and enjoyed what I was doing. When the overtaking lane was coming to an end, I sped up and got far enough of in front of the (formerly) front guy so that the tailgater could at least get past him (as fun as it was to piss the guy off, I didn't want to leave the front guy being tailgated any longer than he had to be). Good fun though.

I didn't get a good look cos it was a while after the fact and it didn't occur to me to look until he was pretty much gone, but I think he might have given me the finger as he went past me at the next overtaking lane. :thumbsu:

God help us if that's the way drivers are being taught. Fast lane and slow lane. Good god.

or your just a slow driver
I jump in the left lane if im driving slowly. When you're zooming along at 10-20 km/hr over the speed limit on the express way and someone insists on jumping right on your tail they're ****ed. Again I usually jump to the left and let those w***ers shoot past, because they just get stuck behind the next person anyway.

Whenever someone tail gates me i tap my break ever so gently so my break lights come up. Then you slow right down so he drives past you and you can watch him go spaz. Hilarious.

But i never do it in heavy traffic.

%20I%20Brake%20Suddenly%20For%20Tailgaters%20Bumper%20Sticker%20%285539%29.jpg

Those stickers are gay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God help us if that's the way drivers are being taught. Fast lane and slow lane. Good god.

Does 'keep left unless overtaking' mean anything to you? :rolleyes:

If someone is in the fast lane (i.e. right lane) when not overtaking anyone, then they deserve to be tailgated. I see it happening a lot around here ... mostly by Camry drivers.

Did I say I wasn't over taking? I stick to the left lane unless I am. However there have been times where I have been in the right lane and doing just over the limit and had some twat tail gate me.

is still amazes how many people think the right lane is some magical ticket to go at any speed they want....

licencing joondalup. where did you get yours? the toilet store?

the toilet store? lol gold:thumbsu:
Thou at the same time no p plater is a good driver, which is what you are. You think you are for a while think you crash. lol

No. It's aggressive and dangerous. It's sometimes understandable, but never justified. Personally, if somebody is tailgating me, I just slow down and watch them suffer.

I remember once driving down the Barton highway (which connects Canberra to the Hume highway on the Melbourne side), which is single lane for most of the way, a car two cars ahead of me was driving at 100, which is the limit. The guy behind him (and therefore in front of me) was, nevertheless, tailgating him, and obviously wanted to overtake him.

I decided that this guy was a dick, so when an overtaking lane came up, I came up right behind him, and gunned it so I overtook him before he could overtake the front guy. After checking the tailgater's car to make sure there were no women in labour or other such medical emergencies that might explain his aggressive driving, I got up level with the front guy and just sat there, so the tailgater couldn't overtake. I shared a grin with the front guy, who obviously noticed and enjoyed what I was doing. When the overtaking lane was coming to an end, I sped up and got far enough of in front of the (formerly) front guy so that the tailgater could at least get past him (as fun as it was to piss the guy off, I didn't want to leave the front guy being tailgated any longer than he had to be). Good fun though.

I didn't get a good look cos it was a while after the fact and it didn't occur to me to look until he was pretty much gone, but I think he might have given me the finger as he went past me at the next overtaking lane. :thumbsu:

So far first place as a responds:thumbsu:

Does 'keep left unless overtaking' mean anything to you? :rolleyes:

If someone is in the fast lane (i.e. right lane) when not overtaking anyone, then they deserve to be tailgated. I see it happening a lot around here ... mostly by Camry drivers.

Lol what is this? Do you even know the road rules in WA?

So doing the speed limit, or sometimes even 10km over is being a slow driver?

if your in the fast lane then yes. gtfo

This.

There's a reason one's called an 'overtaking' lane.

I think it's oblivious drivers I hate more, like the ones who just sit there in the right lane, 3-10kms under the speed limit, thinking that they're the only ones on the road.

Nearly as bad as slow walkers.

Most tailgaters tailgate people doing the speed limit, what is their excuse? Oh wait they have none because if they want to go faster they are breaking the law, and if they want to tailgate they are breaking the law. They are stupid either way.

Now unless these people run red lights their little speeding thing is almost entirely pointless, but I don't expect them to comprehend why.

is still amazes how many people think the right lane is some magical ticket to go at any speed they want....

Don't think this is true for most people: they know the law. If they don't they shouldn't be driving.

I think it's rude however if you're not going within 5 km/ph of the speed limit if you're in the right hand lane. There's driving etiquette, even if it's not law.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back