Is that the final 8 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
For me, with the Eagles winning and displacing Fremantle in the 8, I think it is.

I expect to see each of the Demons, Bulldogs, Power, Swans, Cats, Tigers, Lions and Eagles playing in September. Final positions still to be determined.

All eight have positive W-L records and % over 100. Freo are 4-3 but with a % of 97, while the Suns are 3-4 with a % of 103. IMHO both will fall away with GWS to be the best team not playing finals.

Usually the 8 is set about this time each season. May get one change but that's about it
Still a bit early generally. After round 7 in 2019, four teams were in the eight that missed in the end. After round 7 of 2018, two missed. It does look pretty settled at the moment though.

I dare say Sydney is the only spot realistically up for grabs. GWS, Carlton or St Kilda the likely threats if any of them can string a couple of good months together.
Carlton? No chance. Giants/Saints possibly if they can get and stay healthy.

I dare say Sydney is the only spot realistically up for grabs. GWS, Carlton or St Kilda the likely threats if any of them can string a couple of good months together.

If Gold Coast beat St Kilda next week you'd have to include them in the conversation (and probably exclude St Kilda).

Last edited:
Wouldn't disagree, St Kilda need to get a run on pre bye as their second half isn't pretty.

Jeebus really ?!.

And here was me thinking our pre-bye run was a nightmare with GWS, Melbourne, Eagles, Richmond, Power and the Bulldogs.

First game after the bye we have to play the bloody Tiger again as well !!.

IMG_2559.JPG IMG_2560.JPG

Probably but ones with a red dash are ordinary and green even more ordinary (more so Stk’s. Than gws) but still a chance.

Would add the blues too but have beaten no one and lost to pies so..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeebus really ?!.

And here was me thinking our pre-bye run was a nightmare with GWS, Melbourne, Eagles, Richmond, Power and the Bulldogs.

First game after the bye we have to play the bloody Tiger again as well !!.

Saints copt a brutal draw this year. There is really no easy stretch of games anywhere, North, Swans, Adelaide in a row looks ok but even thats surrounded with Bulldogs and Richmond.

For me, with the Eagles winning and displacing Fremantle in the 8, I think it is.

I expect to see each of the Demons, Bulldogs, Power, Swans, Cats, Tigers, Lions and Eagles playing in September. Final positions still to be determined.

All eight have positive W-L records and % over 100. Freo are 4-3 but with a % of 97, while the Suns are 3-4 with a % of 103. IMHO both will fall away with GWS to be the best team not playing finals.

It does look close to locked in. If the Swans continued to have a bad run with injuries they could be vulnerable, but given their start they should be ok. Melbourne and the Dogs have been the 2 best so far and will obviously make it. The other 5 (Cats Tiges Eagles Lions Power) were probably the main contenders going into the season and have all started well enough and should finish strongly.

If Gold Coast beat St Kilda next week you'd have to include them in the conversation (and probably exclude St Kilda).

yep, the suns are rising ... i thought they were an outside chance at the eight pre-season and they've got that look of a young side learning fast ... two bigs wins the past two weeks, i think the coach knows what he's doing and what he's got, and they have some talls who could really be stars, not to mention the young mids led by miller ... if miller played for a vic club the vic media would be absolutely frothing over him

Can't see Carlton myself, but yes GWS & Saints still a good chance to make the finals.

Thought Sydney may be suspect to falling out, but great win from behind to beat the Cats showed ticker for the young group.

I would say you can rule out 8 teams already.

Geelong and Sydney will both struggle to win 10 games for the season, they will go out!
Cats have enough games at the Cattery to make the finals... but imo are not a premiership threat.

Cats have enough games at the Cattery to make the finals... but imo are not a premiership threat.

i'm not sold on geelong or west coast as contenders, and my hopes for sydney are based on potential, so i'd have to class all three as somewhat vulnerable in the eight but the question would be who might step up ... again, based on potential, the suns ... carlton and essendon are probably heading in the right direction ... st kilda seem on the brink of injury problems, got several older or just brittle players

Carlton beat Essendon, Carlton are back watch out. Sam Walsh is basically Chris Judd, McKay is now Wayne Carey and Saad is the GOAT. Id suspect they would be contending now.

Jealous you couldn't land any of them with your war chest?

Sure there will be another Jasper Pittard at the end of the year..
You can splurge your war chest on and flex your number 1 pick in the PSD :roflv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back