Is the Aus economy slowly imploding?

Remove this Banner Ad

1/ Using USD is misleading because AUD was higher but is now lower.....which means using AUD is also misleading because USD was lower but is now higher.
2/ PPP is measured using USD. So you're arguing against yourself.

have a think about it before you post

AUD dipped below 70 cents today. What is that going to do to inflation?

Given the USA is much more aggressive with rate rises 70 cents is not even close to the floor for the AUD.

your shifting further away from the topic I initially posted but it is worthwhile noting we have a natural hedge with interest rates

increase rates, increase FX which decreases our export $s (mainly mining in USD) which is greater than our imports. same said by over stimulating our economy as we did under Rudd, we saw debt balloon but our export dollars shrink smaller than they would otherwise be.

that is why we shouldn't be frightened to address our debt, as we are well positioned to accept the pain. Unfortunately governments are more interested in their jobs than the future generations (who don't vote).

how often are your expenses in Australia in USD?

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

exactly

so measuring GDP per person in AUD or PPP per capita makes a lot of sense. As both "income" and "expenses" are measured in the same currency.

otherwise you may as well post a graph of USD AUD FX..............that'd be silly wouldn't it?

Last edited:
exactly

so measuring GDP per person in AUD or PPP per capita makes a lot ore sense. As both "income" and "expenses" are measured in the same currency.

otherwise you may as well post a graph of USD AUD FX..............that'd be silly wouldn't it?

Define PPP Willis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1/ Using USD is misleading because AUD was higher but is now lower.....which means using AUD is also misleading because USD was lower but is now higher.
2/ PPP is measured using USD. So you're arguing against yourself.
Is using USD misleading? We need something to judge it against.

In light of Jacinda Adern's visit I thought I would look up NZ's GDP per capita. Now NZ never got to parity with the USD but they got quite close. Against the AUD the NZ dollar is definitely stronger over the last 10 years.

The AUD is weaker against both the NZD and the USD.

Anyways, NZ has managed to sustain their GDP per capita over the last 10 years (measured in USD's), Australia has not. I do not know how you can measure this as a success for Australia. Interesting.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 12.29.15 pm.png

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

In light of Jacinda Adern's visit I thought I would look up NZ's GDP per capita. Now NZ never got to parity with the USD but they got quite close. Against the AUD the NZ dollar is definitely stronger over the last 10 years.

Anyways, NZ has managed to sustain their GDP per capita over the last 10 years (measured in USD's), Australia has not. I do not know how you can measure this as a success for Australia. Interesting.

View attachment 1420667

Are you across trading on the foreign exchange market ?

View attachment 1420667

When you scrape back to the facts rather than looking at foreign exchange rate, we see the issue first presented is false and misleading

What has been presented is really just the change in FX but then falsely represented as something else.

1654835277069.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back