Is the party over? Yes and No

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Guys , without doubt you have been the best side to watch , the most awsome, fear invoking group that I can ever remeber. You became that way not thru any particularly special treatment as as I could see infact it was thru years of pain, I respect this. You remained that way for a period of 3-5 years not because of the Cap thing but because you core group went thru the bad times and wanted to stay for the good , together.In the end the top dollar is not everything. Now, as grand as the party has been, is it over? To me, Its not excactly over but more of a quiet period before the second group of party goers arive. While you have JB you have a future, the mob that beat you last night has a player of his ilk (Richardson) for years and done nothing with him, pretty soon he will be gone and so will they.
I say to you, remember pre 2000, how thru patience you developed guys like Black and Aker and the rest.Give the young kids time Selwood and Sherman will only get better.Pick up a couple of earlier picks that you have been denied while at the top. Heads up, take your licks, sure but take heart that you are only 50 or so games experience in the kids away from being a power again.

Excellent post. That's about where I see us, though with the list we still have we ought to at least be a top 8 side probably still pushing for top 4. No doubt injuries and suspensions have been the biggest problem with us showing our true form this year and it will be interesting to see how we measure up against some of the better performed sides when we can get the fab 5 and our complete spine on the field in the one game to support some of the more promising kids like Sherman, Corrie, Drummond etc.

Though I'd like to make the 8 of course, I'd more just like to see what we can do with our best side out there. We have 3 games in 4 weeks (rounds 13-16) where we meet Melbourne, Geelong and the Eagles and if we get no further injuries (big if of course) we should have everyone up and just about running by then. That will tell us a lot about where we are, what we can do for the remainder of the year and whether we might still be a chance for a flag before Voss, Leppitsch and the Scotts finish, closely followed probably by Lappin, Aker and Mal Michael.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back