General Bombers Talk Is the slide on.

Remove this Banner Ad

You are stubborn.

Can't you see that Gumby and T-Bell doesn't work. And if I am an opposition coach ,Crameri will always get the number one defender.

Good, then as Essendon coach I will play Crameri high AND Gumby high with the resting ruck deep. Crameri will be instructed to lead at the ball then veer to the fat side and Gumby to hit up the ball. The team will look to play through Gumby and Crameri will then try to beat his opponent back to the hot spot. If his opponent starts going over to help out against Gumby, then we kick over to Cramdog on the fat side.

Without having seen more than a half of footy since the Port game ...

... this is about the time that Geelong has been dropping games against putrid teams for about 6 years. If we're doing the same training overload that they did under Bomber, then it's hardly the end of the world. If we're still struggling after the West Coast and North games, then we'll talk.

... this is about the time that Geelong has been dropping games against putrid teams for about 6 years. If we're doing the same training overload that they did under Bomber, then it's hardly the end of the world. If we're still struggling after the West Coast and North games, then we'll talk.

There is a bit of that in the back of my mind too. However, I also remember Melbourne being in good form with 6 weeks to go and then doing a huge training load to taper off in the finals. However, they lost so many games in those last 6 weeks they actually lost form and confidence going into the finals and bombed.

I actually think that we've had an exceptionally good run with injuries, and now that we're not we're struggling a bit. There is a tiredness across the whole team that is reminiscent of last season. Don't forget we've played badly for over month now. It was just masked by weak opposition.

Would be an incredible amount of flirting with form if it was the case. Not sure that they could justify overloading a side which hasn't played well for about half a season when it came time for the test against the good sides enough to do it.

Not a big fan but:
art-353-svLETHARGY-300x0.jpg

Doesn't look great does it... yeesh.

i'd like to see the % as well.
i think we just have to hope we can rally. apart from North, we've beaten these teams earlier, they're below us on the ladder.
realistically, we should start favourites in all. everything hinges on how we turn it around this week. if we can have a good win, playing well, i'll feel much better

I figured over the bulldogs, GWS games they would train the guts out of them. Doubt they would jeopardize the chance to go top 4 by carrying that sort of program on when we have crunch games on the run home though?

Bomber would also know from his Pies-Cats and Cats-Hawks experience what effect having a psychological hold over an opponent can have. Most likely scenario I see now is us finishing 7th playing the 6th placed pies and getting smashed first week of finals.

Absolute waste of a year, and our side will not be able to stand up in the big games once more as Fletch, NLM and Stanton are the only players to win a final; Stanton and NLM hardly contributors in their solitary finals win with 3 and 4 disposals respectively V Melbourne '04.

The sky is falling :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a big fan but:
art-353-svLETHARGY-300x0.jpg

Doesn't look great does it... yeesh.
Obviously 2013 isn't reflective of later part of our season just yet. Hoping we can turn it around with a good win against the weagles though, thats for sure!

Boys .. Need to be realistic
Looks at the Hawks, Cats, Swans .. They are mature sides, good amount of 100+ game players

I believe the Dons have achieved good success over the past couple of years, all considered.
The true test with this current side is 2015/16 .. That's when you'll see these guys mature

I think the will challenge for the cup in 2015 .. They'll go very close

Boys .. Need to be realistic
Looks at the Hawks, Cats, Swans .. They are mature sides, good amount of 100+ game players

I believe the Dons have achieved good success over the past couple of years, all considered.
The true test with this current side is 2015/16 .. That's when you'll see these guys mature

I think the will challenge for the cup in 2015 .. They'll go very close

well put. hawks and swans have got a core of guys with 150+ games, we just don't have that yet.

When guys like Hurley, Heppell, Carlisle, Hibberd, Melksham, Crameri, Bellchambers, Howlett and Zaharakis all have that really solid base of 100+ games (less for some) then we can really talk.

Put succinctly, Essendon need to learn how to play in wet and windy conditions. They just don't do it. Making Etihad our home hasn't helped.

I figured over the bulldogs, GWS games they would train the guts out of them. Doubt they would jeopardize the chance to go top 4 by carrying that sort of program on when we have crunch games on the run home though?

Bomber would also know from his Pies-Cats and Cats-Hawks experience what effect having a psychological hold over an opponent can have. Most likely scenario I see now is us finishing 7th playing the 6th placed pies and getting smashed first week of finals.

Absolute waste of a year, and our side will not be able to stand up in the big games once more as Fletch, NLM and Stanton are the only players to win a final; Stanton and NLM hardly contributors in their solitary finals win with 3 and 4 disposals respectively V Melbourne '04.

The sky is falling :(

There's this bloke named Brendan Goddard on our list ;)

I don't think we can underestimate the toll of 'outside' crap this year...

I think next year is going to be a ripper.. I really do.. I'm already excited to think about it.

I don't think we can underestimate the toll of 'outside' crap this year...

I think next year is going to be a ripper.. I really do.. I'm already excited to think about it.

Going to be very interesting to see the boys this Sunday. Hoping they don't look to drained, but I'm expecting them to be extremely flat

I would put money on them being 'flat' this weekend.. and who would blame them.. I'm flat just reading most of this crap.

I hope I'm wrong.. I hope they find the fire and fight it out.. but I won't judge them harshly tbh..

Is the slide on?

Could be because we have run into two powerhouse teams in very, very good form
Collingwood are not a powerhouse team, not this year.

They played very well last Sunday, but they're a far cry from the 2010-11 side, and even last year's side.

Yeah but we hit them in some pretty keen form Doss.

I've seen Collingwood's problem not being that their 'best' is bad.. but that they can't maintain that level of play across 4 quarters and haven't been consistent all year.

Still capable of hitting their straps.. plus they have had a lot of blokes come back into the side and stabilised things a bit.

I wouldn't call the pies a walk over.

The reality is that the past two weeks have been poor and we just haven't showed the effort and crispness required to compete with the top teams.

FWIW I agree, I don't think Pies will be there at the really pointy end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back