Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say it's great to have Frematle, St. Kilda & Carlton at 3, 4 & 5 on the ladder respectively at the mid-point of the season. Not just because my team is doing well at the moment, but good to see teams doing well that have all been trash for the last decade (Freo slightly less - around 7 years).

Even Melbourne & Brisbane who have been up for a few years, had also been rubbish for the preceding 15 years. Good to see a bit of success spread around, after the Hawthorn-Geelong-Sydney domination from 2005-2015.

Everyone is always in a race to call the season and draw a line under the top 8 or the top 4 or the likely premiers

What do people get out of dismissing teams from the premiership picture after Round 11 ?

Maybe the Bulldogs will win 10 of their next 11 games, finish 2nd/3rd and face Melbourne again in this year's Grand Final.
I'm not saying they will. But if they did, it would hardly be a shock to anyone.

Aside from Melbourne being the rightful flag favourites, it all looks wide open to me. Brisbane, Fremantle, St Kilda, Carlton and Geelong are hardly unbeatable juggernauts. The Swans, Bulldogs, Tigers, Pies, Suns and Port will all have a say in how this season pans out. Any of them could play a part in September.

Last edited:
This is genuinely one of those years where I feel any team in the top 8-10 could shoot up the ladder in a short amount of time. I think Melbourne at this point are a lock for Top 4 unless they pull a North 2016 but Carlton, Freo, Brisbane, Sydney, Geelong, Bulldogs, St Kilda could finish in nearly any order. Collingwood could even make a surprise finals appearance at this rate.

Take Cerra and Newes/Murphy last minute wins off the boot out of the equation and I promise you 80% of that wouldn't even be there.
Nah they also absolutely hate Cripps' guts. They still moan about him bullying Serong and Brayshaw a few years ago as if hes some dirty dog sniper and cheered on Shultz trying to clothesline him half an eternity after he'd taken a mark. An odd bunch the purple army

Everyone is always in a race to call the season and draw a line under the top 8 or the top 4 or the likely Grand finalists or the premiers

What do people get out of dismissing teams from the premiership picture after Round 11 ?

Maybe the Bulldogs will win 10 of their next 11 games, finish 2nd/3rd and face Melbourne again in this year's Grand Final.
I'm not saying they will. But if they did, it would hardly be a shock to anyone.

Aside from Melbourne being the rightful flag favourites, it all looks wide open to me. Brisbane, Fremantle, St Kilda, Carlton and Geelong are hardly unbeatable juggernauts. The Swans, Bulldogs, Tigers, Pies, Suns and Port will all have a say in how this season pans out. Any of them could play a part in September.
The thread is about the top 4.
You need to remove Collingwood, Bullbogs, Richmond and Port Adelaide.

Why do Freo fans hate Carlton so much? Was it Jack Newnes? It was Jack Newnes wasn't it?
You stole our head recruiter before a draft, you bid on Liam Henry that year because your new head recruiter wanted to chew up time knowing we would match, the AFL carried on about a game that you won after the siren after some ultra dodgy frees and a dodgy 50m penalty, then we had to play our home game in Melbourne because of covid which about cost as finals last year, Cripps has always been a flog and was boasting about taking cerra mid season, then you got cerra for unders, and to top it off you took are academy player just before he came into betting last year.
And you were dumb enough to give west coast josh Kennedy 20 years ago.

Who the * is jack newnes 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thread is about the top 4.
You need to remove Collingwood, Bullbogs, Richmond and Port Adelaide.
Collingwood and Port Adelaide I can understand but the Dogs and Tigers are just two games out of the top 4, and specifically for the dogs, their percentage is only 2 points behind St Kilda.

Last season we actually one more games away than we did at Kardinia as the club did in seasons before that

More games total or more per % played?

Either way the point is moot. Just b/c you're s**t enough to lose games there now doesn't detract from the reality it's an unfair setup and the handbaggers benefit from it year in year out, much to the detraction of the spectacle of football at large.

Possibly, Possibly not

How many wins usually locks in top 4? 15?
not just that if is was only weitering, we might scrape into 4th, but our injury list is starting to catch up with us, will win enough games off the back of midfield to be in the 8, but not those tough games to make top 4
with any season, the top 4 usually have a good injury run, regardless of talent

Possibly, Possibly not

How many wins usually locks in top 4? 15?
The problem is that during those weeks Weitering will be out, we play top 4 aspirants St Kilda and Freo who both have very good FFs. I'm not sure when we play you guys, but again, more competition for top 4 and you've the best forward duo in the league. Our defence was shaky even with him, but it held up due to his brilliance (see the Sydney match). He was in great form too before the injury happened.

#obsession

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Told you they are going to drop some. All of you were giving me crap. They suddenly look beatable now don’t they? First top 4 challenge and a couple of stars go down and they s**t the bed. Depth doesn’t look that great now does it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back