Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah the 4 is as open as its ever been.

After winning against North this week i reckon the Cats will drop games to Melb and Carlton

Then 50/50 v Port away, probably go in as favourites against Dogs and saints due to it being down at KP, but not easy block of the draw for us. A trip to the Gold coast is also not an easy trip like it used to be. 50/50 as well.

Reckon we finish on 15 wins and finish 5th behind, Melbourne, Carlton, Rich, Sydney.

No one is locked.

Stupid to say anyone is with how tight the top 8 is currently.

Come back when there’s 2 rounds left then we’ll talk about “locks.”

Reasons.

The Blues have been smashed with injury, there's no way around it. Whether it would've made any difference to their W-L columns you can debate, but nobody can deny how stiff they've been getting a full list from which to choose.

I’ve heard it all before.

Just waiting for an embarrassing finals exit.
Bah, you've gotta be in it to win it. It's like flipping a coin - all seasons are independent events and whatever happened in previous years has very little effect on this year. I realise that you're just creating a bit of a psychological pretext to be able to deal with the letdown if it happens again, but anyone who would choose a 4-22 season with a high draft pick over a typical Cats 16-6 without a flag has rocks in their head.

Life's too short to put all our eggs in a premiership-or-bust basket - sometimes you've just got to enjoy the wins throughout the season like we did as kids, before we got sidetracked by concepts like "rebuilds", "straight sets" etc. And the Cats rarely deny their fans of plenty of a great H&A wins.

That said, this season is a very bad year to be the second-best team - I still think the Dees are a mile ahead and won't be beaten.

I think Freo are the most likely to drop out of the top 4. Their run home is very difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve heard it all before.

Just waiting for an embarrassing finals exit.

Yep likewise.
I think we are going to have to face Brisbane in week 1 and it will be at the Gabba. Of all teams, we get the one who will read all about their poor finals showing's and they will come out and blow us away in the first quarter.

Probably end up playing Richmond or Collingwood at the MCG in week 2.

If Richmond beats WC today at the G, St Kilda will be 9-6 and 9th. That's extraordinary.

I'd be interested to know whether a 9-6 team has been outside the 8 before. I'd guess it's a first.

With 2 wins separating 2nd and 9th (again assuming Richmond wins) it's gotta be one of the tightest seasons of all time, too.

We will see how genuine Geelong are as a flag contender next 3 weeks. Vs Dees, Blues at the G and Port in Adelaide...all without Stewart.

If Cats go 2-1 or better, they will look to be top 2 youd think with a friendly draw to end the season.

If Richmond beats WC today at the G, St Kilda will be 9-6 and 9th. That's extraordinary.

I'd be interested to know whether a 9-6 team has been outside the 8 before. I'd guess it's a first.

With 2 wins separating 2nd and 9th (again assuming Richmond wins) it's gotta be one of the tightest seasons of all time, too.
North Melbourne in 2018 is the only other case that’s happened since the introduction of the top 8 in 1994.

2018 was a crazy even season too—12th place at the end of the season finished with a record of 12-10.

When Richmond win today the top 8 will be set with Sydney and Saints fighting it out for 8th (they play each other in the last round).

Melbourne, Geelong and Brisbane will be in the top 4, but I think Fremantle will be replaced by either Collingwood or Carlton (who play each other in the last round). Collingwood have the softest fixture ahead of them, so they are a real possibility of slipping into 4th despite not being all that good.

We will see how genuine Geelong are as a flag contender next 3 weeks. Vs Dees, Blues at the G and Port in Adelaide...all without Stewart.

If Cats go 2-1 or better, they will look to be top 2 youd think with a friendly draw to end the season.

I think even if we go 1-2 we will still win our last 4 and that should be enough (16 wins) for top 2 given our %. But yes 2-1 would help lock that in.

When Richmond win today the top 8 will be set with Sydney and Saints fighting it out for 8th (they play each other in the last round).

Melbourne, Geelong and Brisbane will be in the top 4, but I think Fremantle will be replaced by either Collingwood or Carlton (who play each other in the last round). Collingwood have the softest fixture ahead of them, so they are a real possibility of slipping into 4th despite not being all that good.

Best win rate out of the top 8 against the top 8 says our form line is better then what you give credit for.

Imo I don't think we are going to make or win the GF, but making a prelim isnt out of the question.

We struggle vs the bigger bodied teams who are a bit more physical in Dogs, Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane.

The rest we have a good record vs.

Best win rate out of the top 8 against the top 8 says our form line is better then what you give credit for.

Imo I don't think we are going to make or win the GF, but making a prelim isnt out of the question.

We struggle vs the bigger bodied teams who are a bit more physical in Dogs, Geelong, Richmond and Brisbane.

The rest we have a good record vs.
You actually had us on ice before you went to sleep in that 4th quarter, Collingwood is a sneakily good side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back