Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt we stay in Top 4 contention for long as the loss of 2 big guys in Pitto and Harry is just irreplaceable and ruins our structure with TDK not ready yet to be a No.1 ruck.

Once again it comes down to who stays healthy and we are rarely winning that battle from season to season as our most important players seem to drop like flies. 😩🤷‍♀️
In our next 6 weeks we play Richmond, Sydney, Freo and St Kilda. I dare say we will know where we stand by then. The old 8 point games

Carlton have managed to only play 2 sides currently in the top 8 at the moment

A loss to Freo and a win to Richmond in round one

I'll be very surprised if they stay in the top 4 once they start playing decent sides
Brisbane have had an even easier fixture.

only top 8 teams they've played are Sydney (win) and Geelong (loss)

Other teams They've beaten, Essendon, North, Adelaide, West Coast, Collingwood & Gold Coast

I can't wait to see how they go in a months time when they have a string of 4 games against Freo/Saints/Melbourne/Dogs

Will find out if theyre a genuine threat after those 4 weeks.

I'll be very surprised if they stay in the top 4 once they start playing decent sides
Ahh yes, the arbitrary "who did they beat in the eight" argument where it's not even settled yet.

Note that had we not beaten them, Richmond would be 5th, Bulldogs 8th and Port 9th. We are 4th to no small degree because we have beaten the teams below us, and lost to the teams above

This week against Sydney is telling for Carlton imo. If we can beat 5th on a 5 day break after travelling, with the injuries we have right now and finish the round 2 games clear of Sydney/Geelong/Richmond then we are a genuine threat for top 4 (and then who knows). If Carlton lose, there's a good chance we end up 9th imo given current %.

A week ago we'd beaten no teams in the top 8.

Let's hope for our sake Port & Bullies keep winning, because then we'll have beaten 3 top 8 sides and we'd be a shoe-in for the top 4. :think:

Richmond are not the team they were, we need 5-6 new players to get a winning spark to take us deep into the finals. I think we found two already and need another 3 or 4.

Beating a team by over 100 points is not easy, let me know when Carlton does it.
Nearly every year you guys get gifted 50 Mtr penalties and then the umps tone it down for the rest of the season. I wouldn't call that a win against us if we're trying to measure form, it's a win technically and the 4 points, and an aboration by the umps.
Are we a top 4 team? only if things change dramatically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the time that happens we will have marchbank, Cuningham, Martin, honey, McDonald, stocker and possibly mckay back.

Some of these are not rated externally but we are top four with the second worst injury list. A huge testament to our ‘next man up’ mentality.

Richmond are not the team they were, we need 5-6 new players to get a winning spark to take us deep into the finals. I think we found two already and need another 3 or 4.

Beating a team by over 100 points is not easy, let me know when Carlton does it.
Nearly every year you guys get gifted 50 Mtr penalties and then the umps tone it down for the rest of the season. I wouldn't call that a win against us if we're trying to measure form, it's a win technically and the 4 points, and an aboration by the umps.
Are you saying we only win because of 50m penalties. We could also open up a can of worms by discussing forwards v Weitering and our defenders getting soft hold frees while McKay and Curnow get mauled, arm chops, shirt tugs, etc.. that get overlooked every week.

so bitter

Typical Richmond... need their best 22 every game on the field to be any good. This was similar in years they won flags. They fall apart losing a couple of players.

If Tigers had the injuries Carlton currently has, they would be closer to Bottom 4 than Top 4.

Typical Richmond... need their best 22 every game on the field to be any good. This was similar in years they won flags. They fall apart losing a couple of players.

If Tigers had the injuries Carlton currently has, they would be closer to Bottom 4 than Top 4.
Really? Maybe you should look at our recent history which for reason escapes you. Argue on point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back