Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 3 definitely set, 4th is an interesting one.

Front runners are Geelong IMO, followed by Sydney and Carlton.

The 8 on the other hand is pretty well set, Saints and Richmond probably the most vulnerable with Collingwood and Port real outside chances.

Doggies I would’ve said are a chance but the injuries they now have are likely a bridge too far.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter a whole lot as Melbourne are quite clearly the best team. Brisbane and Freo are quite clearly 2nd and 3rd too.

Really?
Obviously not Dees.
And Freo and Bris are 7-1 and are the only two teams with % greater than 150. Better than even Dees.
So who doesn’t deserve top 4 currently?
Carlton and Fremantle.

Do Freo have the easiest draw in the league?

Leading into the season you could have said that sure but after 8 rounds we've beaten 2x current Top 8 teams alongside Melbourne. We've also won all games interstate with a young side. Not much else we can do. Personally I don't think we'll finish Top 4 but the "easy draw" argument towards us is so short-sighted. No captain all year either & a few rounds affected by COVID outs.

Earned their spot so far. Winning while other supposedly contending teams drop games to Port and Gold Coast. Geelong losing at home to an easy team like Freo was bad too. If those Freo wins (which by any definition were not "easy") v Carlton and Geelong are losses they're just another team jostling around in the 8. Hopefully had their only covid hit out the way and have some big tests to come.

Leading into the season you could have said that sure but after 8 rounds we've beaten 2x current Top 8 teams alongside Melbourne. We've also won all games interstate with a young side. Not much else we can do. Personally I don't think we'll finish Top 4 but the "easy draw" argument towards us is so short-sighted. No captain all year either & a few rounds affected by COVID outs.
Deserve to be there, enjoy the ride

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we're a bit shaky at 4th i think. our defence is our weakness and our ruck stocks don't inspire much confidence. we need to boss the midfield to paper over those cracks in the side. still, pretty happy to be in the 8 at this stage.

We've beaten the 2020, 2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2008, 2004, 1999, 1998, 1997 and 1996 premiers so far this year and the 2021 winners if we include all 2022 games.
The only two teams we've lost to have never won flags...
Make of that what you will. Personally I think it's interesting and funny but ultimately means nothing.
Has anyone seen my lid?

Last edited:
Geelong. Extremely soft fixture from here, only 5 games out of 14 against top 8 sides and only 2 of those against top 4. Even if they drop 3 of those they still go 16-6 which is top 4 right there, they’ll be the strongest non-top 4 side in donkeys on W/L if they miss from there. Will have huge percentage with another North game and 2x WC to come as well.

Whether they deserve it is another thing, huge risk for straight sets if they do.

There’s no easy away games this year except eagles and Roos and I think unlike a lot of teams you have both twice!
I don’t think we’re a chance for a flag but even I think I would’ve pencilled in 4 wins against those two sides for us with or without the Eagles issues.

Don’t know about Optus Stadium but I reckon that other than both WA clubs, only Geelong has a positive W/L rate at the previous ground suggesting they don’t s**t the bed in Perth often.

Freo have us covered for sure long term list wise although if the game the other day went on another minute I’m not so sure they would’ve held on

I don’t think we’re a chance for a flag but even I think I would’ve pencilled in 4 wins against those two sides for us with or without the Eagles issues.

Don’t know about Optus Stadium but I reckon that other than both WA clubs, only Geelong has a positive W/L rate at the previous ground suggesting they don’t s**t the bed in Perth often.

Freo have us covered for sure long term list wise although if the game the other day went on another minute I’m not so sure they would’ve held on
And if we had our captain our best and fairest and our leading goal kicker playing im sure we would of put in a better performance.
In a tight year percentage will decide a few places you may of won but eagles an Roos are not afl standard this year.
Over half our 23 had played Less then 50 games yet won by 13 goals against the Roos!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back