Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re sooking again.

“Tiny sample size”, “It’s fluff” bla bla bla… all you’ve got is negativity towards the Pies. I initially thought you were up for proper debates but all you do is sprout s**t about Collingwood. It’s a public forum, so it’s within your right, but you’ve exposed yourself as a hater and there’s nothing impartial about you or your opinions on Collingwood.
Do tell me

Why is Collingwood's tightly fought, close win over St Kilda relevant (8th) but comfortable losses against the Dogs and Richmond aren't (9th and 10th) in assessing Collingwood's finals prospects?

Why would the first game be relevant and the other 2 not relevant- when the 3 teams have performed fairly evenly and the last 2 are more likely to make finals?

Do tell me

Why is Collingwood's tightly fought, close win over St Kilda relevant (8th) but comfortable losses against the Dogs and Richmond aren't (9th and 10th) in assessing Collingwood's finals prospects?

Why would the first game be relevant and the other 2 not relevant- when the 3 teams have performed fairly evenly and the last 2 are more likely to make finals?
Because it was a comparison against the current top8.

If you want to do your own analysis against all teams who have had 10+ wins go for it.

Do tell me

Because, as per that article, it’s about the top 8, so the facts shared are related to Collingwood’s record against the top 8. How they went against 9th and 10th is relevant to you so it suits your argument. Why don’t you mention they’ve beaten every team from 11th to 16th?

You’re just going to continue to give what if scenarios no matter what I response or whatever is said about Collingwood. We get it, you don’t like Collingwood. Let’s just leave it at that.

If the Dogs replace Saints, both us and you have a 3-3 record

Essentially, means little in the scheme of things. More about the health and form come 1st week of finals
It obliterates a lot of troll arguments on here that Collingwood is only capable of beating bottom sides. Regardless of finals, that’s good enough for me.

Nothing about Collingwood's form over the past month suggests to me they'll beat Melbourne, or Sydney in Sydney

Carlton in the last round feels like a coin toss. Carlton could be playing for a finals spot so it could be an absolute cracker build up

I am the first to admit I have no love for Collingwood, but underestimate them at your peril and risk a lot of egg on your face.

There’s a steely resolve about them this year. Not just the way they fight to stay in games, but their game style in general, is very solid.

If they beat either Melbourne or my Swans, mark them down for a prelim. I also think they’d beat Geelong in round 1 of the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because, as per that article, it’s about the top 8,
And why is that relevant?

What's magical about the current top 8, after 19 rounds?

Do St Kilda get some fairy dust sprinkled over their heads before they run out onto GMHBA this weekend?

so the facts shared are related to Collingwood’s record against the top 8. How they went against 9th and 10th is relevant to you so it suits your argument.
9th and 10th are relevant to my argument because my comments have been about Collingwood's finals prospects and why I don't rate them, yes....

We get it, you don’t like Collingwood. Let’s just leave it at that.
We get it. You like Collingwood. Your name is literally Pie. Maybe you should spend more time on the Pie's board and less on the main board if you still can't think of a semi coherent response to my points here

Team loses to a couple of top sides: “they’re downhill skiers”

Team struggles against a couple of bottom sides: “they’ll get found out against top sides”

Team loses to a couple of middle sides: “yeah but they’re just as good as top 8 teams”

I stand by my earlier comment.

Anything less than 22-0 @ 200% isn’t good enough for some people here.

Team loses to a couple of top sides: “they’re downhill skiers”

Team struggles against a couple of bottom sides: “they’ll get found out against top sides”

Team loses to a couple of middle sides: “yeah but they’re just as good as top 8 teams”

I stand by my earlier comment.
You can make an argument out of anything. Sometimes you pause and think, ‘yeah, they’ve got a point’, then there are other times where you just shake your head…

It obliterates a lot of troll arguments on here that Collingwood is only capable of beating bottom sides. Regardless of finals, that’s good enough for me.

Plenty of trolls around and let's face it, all of us will give as good as we get

All sides in the 8 will have form periods, good and bad due to a number of reasons, performances against other top 8 sides changes dramatically within those reasons. Still think sides like the Cats and Demons are the sides to beat, but the flag is still an open race for any top 8 side

I am the first to admit I have no love for Collingwood, but underestimate them at your peril and risk a lot of egg on your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah fair call

One sure thing about these online debates is you do cop it if you're wrong, but no one congratulates you when you get it right

It's a risk I'm willing to take ;). If Collingwood make a prelim I'll happily admit I was totally wrong by dismissing their prospects

Actually, if they win 2 from their last 3 games I'll admit it then and there

I wouldn’t say poor, it’s 4-2 to Sydney in recent times and two of those losses we pissed away from winning positions. Last year when we were terrible we cracked in for a half before falling away in the last quarter.

And unless we get smashed on Friday night, I’ll be shocked if Collingwood start that game longer than $3.
Into $2.84

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The games that could really shape the 8 are

Round 21
Geelong vs St Kilda
Brisbane vs Carlton

Round 22
St Kilda vs Brisbane
Melbourne vs Carlton
Sydney vs Collingwood

Round 23
Carlton vs Collingwood
Sydney vs St Kilda
Brisbane vs Melbourne
Exciting couple of rounds coming up.

Not sure if people have noticed but Dees are a real chance to drop out of the top 4. If this happens an EF between Dees and us would be an unreal start to the finals series. I’d be happy just to win that final. Being at the MCG is better for us than being interstate as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure if people have noticed but Dees are a real chance to drop out of the top 4. If this happens an EF between Dees and us would be an unreal start to the finals series. I’d be happy just to win that final. Being at the MCG is better for us than being interstate as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What a fall from grace that’d be?!

I’d be backing the Tigers in if that was first week of finals. Tigers are actually a very scary proposition in September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back