Mystery Is the Universe a simulation?

Remove this Banner Ad

To make a simulation as big as the universe with the detail it has would require some serious technology. Or maybe the technology would seem great to us because we are primitive in comparison to whoever made it.

It would be like trying to explain the kepler telescope to hunter gatherers...

genesis-tub-edited.jpg

I find this topic fascinating but it's certainly hard to get your head around. The amazing thing is it does actually make a lot of sense when you delve into it. There are so many things that don't really add up on a scientific level but when placed within this theory suddenly they do. It's certainly imaginable that we ourselves could come up with such a programme in the future just not as advanced as would need to be possible but then again why not,technology is certainly rapidly improving.

There was (like) computer code found string theory as an example
This has been mentioned by Theoretical Physacist James Gates Jnr.
He actually says it's not like a computer code,he says it not only is computer code. He says it's a special kind of computer code. Apparently it contain a lot of ones and zeros. The simulation theory should actually be moved onto the science topic thread instead of this one. I'm even believing this is probably the only dimension Bigfooty has it in the CMP thread and we're selling this dimension well short. It's fascinating stuff.

There's been some excellent studies regarding whether the universe fits best as a physical or virtual word. It's obviously rather complex and in depth but it does seem everything fits into the virtual world perfectly and in many cases baffles scientists and always has when comparing it to a physical world.

There's been some excellent studies regarding whether the universe fits best as a physical or virtual word. It's obviously rather complex and in depth but it does seem everything fits into the virtual world perfectly and in many cases baffles scientists and always has when comparing it to a physical world.
Well don't tell them this. They are the masters of the universe after all :rolleyes:

Anyone intersected in the physical vs virtual/matter vs mind comparisons should look into some of the studies done by Dr Brian Whitworth to start I guess. This is a long way from crack pot stuff and is certainly an area physicists take very seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond ever win another premiership that would tell us we are in simulation mode for sure.
Have you travelled forward in time? I hate to break the news but in the 2016 world Carlton are now the laughing stock of the league. To try and be relevant again your list manager is rerecruiting a whole bunch of rejects he egotistically fails to acknowledge he got wrong the first time and in 2020 you will need to start your rebuild all over again.
Anyway,this is a serious topic,say footy stuff on the footy forums.

Whether it is or isn't doesn't make it less real to us.
Do you think though it makes our existence less meaningful? I think it would make us feel less important than we may think we are. I also think it could come as a shock to mankind to know that we are not living in some huge universe that we think we are living,we are just living in a programme that isn't that big at all but just rather sophisticated. And would the simulated world we are living in be the first such simulation or are we a simulation of another simulated world. Makes us kind of second or third class citizens of our own world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back