Is West Coast Eagles 2018 Premiership win the best in the history of Football? Can they go Back to Back in Season 2019? Or Will complacency set in?

Was the Eagles premiership win the best the game has ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 141 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 271 65.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol and??? They were down deep into the last quarter and stole it in the dying minutes. The fact that it was even at three quarter time is irrelevant and does not render my statement incorrect.
You mentioned they were 5 goals down in the same sentence as them coming back to win the game in the dying minutes. The fact that the score was level a 3QT is completely relevant and renders that statement a denial of reality.

It's alright. I've seen many Richmond fans compensating for the Prelim loss by ripping in to Collingwood for... making the grand final? :p
It's all part of the grieving process :D

You mentioned they were 5 goals down in the same sentence as them coming back to win the game in the dying minutes. The fact that the score was level a 3QT is completely relevant and renders that statement a denial of reality.

It's alright. I've seen many Richmond fans compensating for the Prelim loss by ripping in to Collingwood for... making the grand final? :p
Lmao. What I’m saying is still correct though. They were five goals down and you lost it in the dying minutes. I’m looking at the game holistically. You’re trying to nitpick at my comment to justify Collingwood gagging it. Whatever makes you feel better about blowing a golden opportunity :)

LOL!

Most neutrals would say that the Dogs were given an umpiring armchair ride on GF day to win that flag. And they didn't have to travel.

WC had to come from the other side of the country, missing several starting 18 players, against a parochial Collingwood/Vic crowd, and came from 5 goals down to win, and without the disturbing umpiring assistance that the Dogs enjoyed.

The Eagles win this year against all that was super impressive.
Dogs went to Perth to play West Coast week 1, then played reigning premiers Hawthorn week 2, then GWS in a prelim before playing a much more experienced Sydney side in the grand final.

West Coast played in Perth, had a week off, played in Perth again, then travelled to play Collingwood.
That's standard.

Bulldogs: Had to win 4 finals, including 2 interstate + 2 on a neutral venue
West Coast: won 3 finals. 2 games with ground advantage, a week break in between + an away final

Bulldogs were far more impressive

Dogs went to Perth to play West Coast week 1, then played reigning premiers Hawthorn week 2, then GWS in a prelim before playing a much more experienced Sydney side in the grand final.

West Coast played in Perth, had a week off, played in Perth again, then travelled to play Collingwood.
That's standard.

Bulldogs: Had to win 4 finals, including 2 interstate + 2 on a neutral venue
West Coast: won 3 finals. 2 games with ground advantage, a week break in between + an away final

Bulldogs were far more impressive
The Dogs run to get there was more impressive. But I'm talking about the performance on the day. Eagles had it all against them, and still won.

Lmao. What I’m saying is still correct though. They were five goals down and you lost it in the dying minutes. I’m looking at the game holistically. You’re trying to nitpick at my comment to justify Collingwood gagging it. Whatever makes you feel better about blowing a golden opportunity :)
I think I'd rather lose a GF that we never should have won than throw away one that was ours for the taking ;)
Man, what a waste of a season that was...

I think I'd rather lose a GF that we never should have won than throw away one that was ours for the taking ;)
Yeah fair enough. I’d rather win the grand final but I understand lol

Wasn't even more impressive than Dogs 2016 and Richmond 2017, let alone of all time
Dogs no, Richmond definitely more impressive. Eagles had everything almost go against them all season where tigers had everything go off them.

Only thing special about the tigers is they were a basket case of a club for so long that they broke a long premiership drought

Tigers were a bit overrated this year. Winning 18 games at 136% is pretty unremarkable, especially with the underwhelming quality of teams at the moment.

Tigers were a bit overrated this year. Winning 18 games at 136% is pretty unremarkable, especially with the underwhelming quality of teams at the moment.

18-4 136% is a very good season, but the media went OTT about how good the current Richmond side is.

Recent great sides (Hawthorn, Geelong, Brisbane, Essendon) didn't s**t their pants just because they had to go to Adelaide or Perth.

Wouldn’t expect anything less from the Eagles cheerleader that is the OP.

Don’t think anyone ever replicates the run of the 2016 Bulldogs again. 4 finals in a row from 7th, two interstate. Incredible.
So because they performed relatively poorly in the H/A season, they were a better side?

Let's apply a little test, that kindergarten kids would understand. Did they want to get a home QF?

West Coast and Richmond wanted to and did, that's not a negative.

I know people will now say, aaah but injuries. That's because only the Bulldogs players get injuries, and they are entitled to a 100% fit list.

WC were hit pretty hard with injuries last year, they just dealt with it and kept believing.

2016 the Bulldogs had a great finals series, but much better not to get in a situation where you're backs to the wall.

My favorite is how hard they’re trying to convince us that we’re emotionally devastated from the loss and that the club won’t recover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood supporters still think they're premiers because they beat Richmond in a preliminary I see. It's a compliment

18-4 136% is a very good season, but the media went OTT about how good the current Richmond side is.

Recent great sides (Hawthorn, Geelong, Brisbane, Essendon) didn't s**t their pants just because they had to go to Adelaide or Perth.
Yeah, was definitely a good season from Richmond and they deserved to be top, but it looked nothing like Geelong 2008, Saints 2009 or Collingwood 2011 where a team actually dominated and looked unstoppable. I never really bought the media hype.

Incredible game to witness in thr flesha, has to be the best comeback GF win of all time.

I completely don't care whether it is or isn't however the Bulldogs only got past week 1 of the finals due to the AFL changing the rules that very year giving them a weeks break leading into finals or they wouldn't have got their key players back from injury and it would have been a whole different story.

Umpiring in that finals series some of the most disgusting ever seen. No way in fairness they should have got over the Giants.

I completely don't care whether it is or isn't however the Bulldogs only got past week 1 of the finals due to the AFL changing the rules that very year giving them a weeks break leading into finals or they wouldn't have got their key players back from injury and it would have been a whole different story.

Umpiring in that finals series some of the most disgusting ever seen. No way in fairness they should have got over the Giants.

Hahaha your side just won a flag yet this still burns you?

We got past week one of the finals because west coast s**t the bed in Perth. Nothing to do with us getting a week off, which west coast and every other club also got.

Crying foul because you didn’t get to play us when we were missing players, brilliant.

Hahaha your side just won a flag yet this still burns you?

We got past week one of the finals because west coast s**t the bed in Perth. Nothing to do with us getting a week off, which west coast and every other club also got.

Crying foul because you didn’t get to play us when we were missing players, brilliant.

We were never winning the premiership that year. However without that rule change you guys don't get past the first week. If you wan't to know what robbery on the sporting field looks like however just go back and watch that final against the giants with objective eyes.

Lol

I think to compare something so subjective is folly. Best thing to do to work our best premiership victories is to look at their previous season result and where they came from to win the flag.
If I’m not mistaken eagles made the 2nd week of finals in 2017 and finished 6th.
Richmond got belted by 113 points in their last game of 2016 and finished 13th.
That no other team in the history of the game has won a flag a year after finishing 13th or lower is proof enough the tigers 2017 grand final victory the greatest of all time.

Back