Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs Rule

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Caught him on the news on Friday and he was in Sydney. Same thing happened with COVID last year he took off at the earliest opportunity like a squib. Hopefully he’s locked out and has to do HQ.

Deathray

Team Captain
Oct 7, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
Couldn’t wait for Luke Hodge to finish a sentence before jumping in. Looked like he had a hard on such was his eagerness to talk about the Richmond bus being held up in traffic. Strange unit.

XhazzafootyX

Club Legend
May 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

He really doesn’t have many connections/reliable sources in the AFL does he ? Guessing whose going to hand the premiership cup (which no one GAF about), while other journos like Ryan Daniels are breaking trade news stories. Genuinely embarrassing

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United

He really doesn’t have many connections/reliable sources in the AFL does he ? Guessing whose going to hand the premiership cup (which no one GAF about), while other journos like Ryan Daniels are breaking trade news stories. Genuinely embarrassing
Was thinking the same thing today - who actually gives a ****?

Can't wait to find out who's going to toss the coin.

Spearman

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
Was thinking the same thing today - who actually gives a ****?

Can't wait to find out who's going to toss the coin.
Well we got two weeks, so there'll be a 2 hour special on the selection. Airtime before the actual act will be filled with anyone who has ever flipped one before, captains on how to call the flip, and other media people just because. There will also be highlights packages shown, the metallurgic makeup and history of the coin, and analysis of the turf the coin will bounce off of.

Truckosaurus

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Well we got two weeks, so there'll be a 2 hour special on the selection. Airtime before the actual act will be filled with anyone who has ever flipped one before, captains on how to call the flip, and other media people just because. There will also be highlights packages shown, the metallurgic makeup and history of the coin, and analysis of the turf the coin will bounce off of.
+ 30 minute exclusive interview with some old fart about the time the coin landed on its side.

Dogs Rule

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
My favourite Tom Browne moment from this year was when he reported on the Carlton board:

"I've heard they want to win more games. I've researched this."
There's definitely a hint of Rainman there....

Actually I think Rainman had more up top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eggtardo

Team Captain
Dec 16, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
his ears are tall...not big in the traditional sense (sticking out) but from lobe to top I reckon they cover 50% of his head.
looking like an absolute dork for the brownlow coverage

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think the average football follower would struggle to name half of the current club presidents...
As would I, but he weirdly ran with it like it was the hot news story of the day and he was delivering a breaking scoop.

Sweet Jesus

The Lord of the Dance
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
This time of year is custom-made for the likes of Tom Browne. Speculation counts as news and nothing needs to be substantiated. And if it doesn't pan out, no one asks any follow-ups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad