Is there a worse journalist than Tom Browne

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I think this guy deserves his own thread, just to highlight how often he is called out on twitter for making up rubbish.

This back and forth with Jack Riewoldt yesterday is an all time classic.

Typical of so many journalists. Called out for telling a blatant lie and then backtrack at a million miles an hour blaming 'sources', then follow up with a 'you're a great bloke, as long as you're alright' type guff.

It's the good journalists I feel sorry for because toads like Browne bring them all down.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Have heard this guy is socially inept. No friends, doesn't know how to talk to people... I'm guessing he's a loner.

Wouldn't surprise me given the way he comes across like a robot on TV and speaks in clichés online

He does come across as though he's on the spectrum somewhere.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bloke got a job purely out of nepotism. He has never been anywhere near representative of a good journo.

Last month when Lynden Dunn made his return in a VFL practice match, and subsequently re-injured his ACL, a regular poster at the Pies board uploaded a pic on the relevant thread of Dunn being checked out on the sidelines. Browne then posted that on his Twitter, with no source attached. He pulled someone else's photo straight from BigFooty and reposted it as his own.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Bloke got a job purely out of nepotism. He has never been anywhere near representative of a good journo.

Last month when Lynden Dunn made his return in a VFL practice match, and subsequently re-injured his ACL, a regular poster at the Pies board uploaded a pic on the relevant thread of Dunn being checked out on the sidelines. Browne then posted that on his Twitter, with no source attached. He pulled someone else's photo straight from BigFooty and reposted it as his own.

How do we know it wasn't his Bigfooty account

Back