Is there a worse journalist than Tom Browne

Remove this Banner Ad

Started reporting on Saturday that Tom Phillips hurt his collarbone and was in doubt for this week simply because he had ice on his shoulder during recovery. Channel 7 started running with it constantly.

Flash to today, Phillips trained fully and did match sim with nothing to suggest there's anything wrong with his collarbone.

Started reporting on Saturday that Tom Phillips hurt his collarbone and was in doubt for this week simply because he had ice on his shoulder during recovery. Channel 7 started running with it constantly.

Flash to today, Phillips trained fully and did match sim with nothing to suggest there's anything wrong with his collarbone.

Says it all really.

Typical of so many journalists. Called out for telling a blatant lie and then backtrack at a million miles an hour blaming 'sources', then follow up with a 'you're a great bloke, as long as you're alright' type guff.

It's the good journalists I feel sorry for because toads like Browne bring them all down.

Twiiter is journo ego sewer, look at me, look at me …. why bother?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Jeremy Cameron, no criticism to him, had his arms crossed at one stage"
Give me a spell.

'Mind you, Jeremy had the balls to get out there and play a brutal game of football in the snow while you, you pompous, snivelling little prig sat up in a comfy media box with your coat, gloves and hand warmers pretending to be someone important. Next one, champ?'

I hate his questioning. It's always part statement. Pretty sure he shouldn't be editorialising while questioning. I'd like Reiwoldt to run his studs right down Tom's back so he has a clue what he's a part of. Why is it that Khashoggi got cut into pieces, and yet Tom Browne has complete health? Where's the justice? I guess the big K should have written about AFL instead of the Saudi Royals. He should have written about De Goey texting while driving or something like that. You know. The big issues. Julian Assange should have published information about Brayden Sier playing basketball instead of US war crimes. He'd be at aftermatch press conferences right now instead of Belmarsh. 'Any questions for the Collingwood coach Julian?' 'Yes, I'd like to know why the Clintons were trafficking kids from Haiti, I mean, do you think Reid, Mihochek & Cox can play on the same forward line?' The Feds are busting down doors of ABC journos in the dead of night, and yet Tom Browne sleeps snug in his bed. Again, where is the justice? They should bust into his home, draw their weapons and say 'hand over the holiday snaps of Jayden Stephenson'. 'I don't have them, but I've got pictures of our army indiscriminately killing women and children in Afghanistan.' 'No, we need the Stevo pics, now!' I just realised I never introduced myself when I started at bigfooty, so here's some stuff about me as a person and as a footy fan:
My favourite past times are shopping at JB Hifi to buy cd's. Not to listen to. I just like the challenge of getting the plastic off. I also like driving slow on the freeway and watching all the cars behind me change lanes. I like to go to Richmond games. They're not my team. I just like to take photos of their fans booing and post the pics on my website www.richmondaredisgusting.com. I'm into video production. I'm currently compiling all the coaches reactions to Tom Browne's questions and turning it into a horror film. It's kind of like the ring. If a coach hears Tom Browne ask a question, they have seven days to live. In the end, the few coaches who survive, go to Tom's house and throw him down a well.

Wat8.jpg

Tom Phillips on Oval Office have him a good clip - Browne incorrectly reporting a couple weeks ago that Phillips had a broken collarbone and would miss the rest of the season. Also Phillips suggesting Browne was involved in circulating the Collingwood betting syndicate rumour

Just posting because I'm going off earlier speculation in the thread RE Tom being on the spectrum, he grew up with a lot of people I know and was indeed prone to violent meltdowns in class (throwing chairs, uncontrollably crying etc), making life very rough for teachers in the mainstream schools he attended who weren't really equipped to deal with this well. Wonder if this has carried on into his professional career?

Before the days of political correctness when I went to school there was a bunch of kids who had a special bus, not a bad lot just got a special bus to take them to and from school. I’m positive Tom was on the bus. I can distinctly remember his nose stuck to the back window.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Every time I look at him he reminds me of Seth MacFarlane. Which is funny because Browne would be be a perfect character for MacFarlane to ridicule if he made a Family Guy/American Dad about journalists.

He is a dead ringer for Seth.

Thought I was the only one to notice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back