Is there a worse journalist than Tom Browne

Remove this Banner Ad

They don’t nickname him Scoops for nothing.

Only 3 weeks after this appeared in The Age.

He’s such a w*****.

‘Sources have told me’ (i.e I’ve stolen someone else’s story from weeks ago and rebadged it as my own or just made it up’.

This is how this bloke rolls

So...
1) The quote at the centre of the article is ‘If you don’t want to be here, then ship off.’ It is attributed to no one.
2) The only quote from anyone at the Giants is a magnanimous “wish him well for the future”.
3) No one corroborates anything that occurs 'behind the scenes.'
4) The paraphrasing of quotes - ‘If you don’t want to be here, then ship off’ - is done by the reporter himself

Therefore the story has no support, no sources and the crux of the story is made up/interpreted by the reporter. He could at least report on what someone else made up but no, he made it all up himself.

This is how this bloke rolls

So...
1) The quote at the centre of the article is ‘If you don’t want to be here, then ship off.’ It is attributed to no one.
2) The only quote from anyone at the Giants is a magnanimous “wish him well for the future”.
3) No one corroborates anything that occurs 'behind the scenes.'
4) The paraphrasing of quotes - ‘If you don’t want to be here, then ship off’ - is done by the reporter himself

Therefore the story has no support, no sources and the crux of the story is made up/interpreted by the reporter. He could at least report on what someone else made up but no, he made it all up himself.
It's the little things that make me laugh with Tom. His paraphrasing using language that just doesn't sound like the words of a normal person. Ship off!

How do campaigners like this get these types of roles? Same goes with fat campaigners like Robbo etc. Baffles the mind.

They can talk s*** well and do it all day and night. Can be complete garbage and totally inaccurate, but it just speed out of their gobs.

But, in Tommy’s case, it’s pure nepotism and the fact his Daddy was Jeffrey Browne (ex Nine).

I've said this before, but guys like Browne and Shane McInnes (etc, etc, etc) are proof that almost anyone can get in the biz if they're prepared to work hard (and weird hours) and know, and/or suck up to, the right people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got video of him saying a player had “knee surgery on their ankle” the other night? ******* pisser.

Edit:

I know I’m a bit late to this thread, but I think perhaps in that footage he said “had surgery” then corrected it to “needs surgery”. He probably wasn’t sure so was hedging his bets after going too early with Jack Riewoldt and being called out on it.

This dingus is losing pals at the Dogs at a rate of knots.

No issue with him running with the Dunkley story but it’s pretty obvious he’s just being an Essendon lapdog, congratulating them and repeatedly saying a first round pick will get it done.

Absolute tosser.
I know ‘contracts’ are increasingly becoming more flexible but a former lawyer claiming to now be a ‘journalist’ openly barracking for a team to obtain a contracted player is very odd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back