Prediction Is there any reason we can't be the 2019 premiers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He goes down and they are straight up average.

Don't overlook the truly amazing run they had with injury in 2017 and the significant role that played in their success. It's a much more important factor than Martin.

Looking forward to see how we are traveling if we can arrive at finals time with 42 fit players on the list.
their a fair bit better than average without him,

You have some doubts?

Then consider this:

Toby Nankervis - Premiership player
Kane Lambert - Premiership player
Bachar Houli - Premiership player
Jack Graham - Premiership player
Shane Edwards - Premiership player
Jacob Townsend - Premiership player
Dan Butler - Premiership player
Jason Castagna - Premiership player
Nathan Broad - Premiership player
Kamdyn McIntosh - Premiership player
Dylan Grimes - Premiership player
Shaun Grigg- Premiership player (late edit)

I need to make an apology folks.

I was out of line about Lambert, he's a reasonable player.

I need to make an apology folks.

I was out of line about Lambert, he's a reasonable player.
What about Kamdyn McIntosh?

He’s a Deadset gun!

Hahahahahahaha

We have a better brand of football than in any of the last 5 years we have played.

Thats been achieved through the player improvements, composition of the squad and list, having the VFL side, some tweaks around where we apply our pressure and our ball use through defence, the midfield, and attack.

To me, incredibly, we seem to have very little weakness and the one attribute that marks a premiership contender - depth.

So yes - i think its time to upgrade your membership to the GRAND FINAL CLUB.

North have a few friends though as there are about at least 3 other teams who are in the same boat. Good luck for the rest of the season except when you play us of course;)

I think the media would get behind us if we got close as they loved the "fairy tale" Bulldogs and Richmond premierships and they'd like a similar story - The team who finished one year playing to avoid the spoon, being a chance to play for the flag the next. They always barrack for the story. Having said that, we're nowhere near that yet.

I think the media would get behind us if we got close as they loved the "fairy tale" Bulldogs and Richmond premierships and they'd like a similar story - The team who finished one year playing to avoid the spoon, being a chance to play for the flag the next. They always barrack for the story. Having said that, we're nowhere near that yet.

They would be on us like stink on a monkey.

The 'Predicted the spoon will they take home the Cup' articles write themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beat Geelong this week and I'm ready to consider it. (Nek minnit we come out of the bye and get done by the Braves and *)

Given our history after the bye we may well lose to the Dogs. Luckily they play in Adelaide against Port during our bye week so any chance of them saving their season will be put to bed by then.

We won’t lose to *.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm calling it now, most likely preliminary finalists.. Richmond/west coast. Melbourne/north melbourne.
May the 2018 fairytale continue on top of 2016 and 2017.
The fairytale teams... Melbourne unfortunately or North Melbourne.

IN all seriousness injury will determine how far we go.
A few right now wouldn't be a bad thing, gives us time to get them back before finals.

Edit. Upgraded membership to guarantee GF tickets
Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The AFL Ladder Predictor isn't up and running yet on the AFL website so I've done my own analysis of the draw from here. Here's a fact that what I've done is based on.

Only 5 games this year have resulted in a side beating another side who are CURRENTLY more than 5 places above them on the ladder:
Carlton (18th) d Essendon (12th)
Brisbane Lions (17th) d Hawthorn (10th)
Gold Coast (15th) d North Melbourne (6th)
Essendon (12th) d Geelong (5th)
Adelaide (9th) d Richmond (2nd)

That's 5 of 98 games - only 5% of games with the season 49% done. However, 60% of the 5 games involved the winning team playing at home against an interstate side. So, here's what I've done for every game from here on - it's flawed, but just play along
  • If one side is more than 5 places above the other, they win.
  • However, if it's a game between side from different states, the gap is only 3 places.
  • Geelong's advantage at home is such that a trip there by a Victorian team is counted as an interstate trip
  • NM and Hawthorn get a home ground advantage for their Tassie games.
  • If the two sides can't be split using this criteria and there's no home state advantage, it's a draw.
  • If the two sides can't be split using this criteria and there is home state advantage, the home team wins
  • Current percentages stand
So this week:
PA (8th) v Rich (2nd) but PA are at home so they go to 6th, that's within 5 of 2nd, PA are at home, they win
Geel (5th) v NM (6th). They're within 5 of each other, but Geelong get the home advantage, so Geelong win
GWS (11th) vs GC (15th). Not with 5 of each other, but GWS are at home so they go to 9th, so GWS win.
St.K (16th) vs Syd (4th). Syd more than 5 ahead of St.K. StK at home so they go to 14th. Still 5 behind so Syd win.
BL (17th) vs Ess (12th). BL at home so they go up to 15th. Within 5 of each other now. BL at home, BL win.
Melb (3rd) vs Coll (7th). Not within 5 of each other. Both teams from same state. It's a draw.

Get it? Probably not. But here's the ladder after Round 23.
72 - Richmond
68 - West Coast
68 - Port Adelaide
66 - North Melbourne
60 - Melbourne
58 - Sydney
58 - Collingwood
54 - Geelong
--------------------------------
50 - Hawthorn
42 - GWS Giants
36 - Fremantle
30 - Adelaide
28 - Essendon
26 - Gold Coast
24 - Western Bulldogs
22 - Brisbane Lions
18 - Carlton
12 - St.Kilda

No draws in finals, no 5 game gap in finals and the home team is always higher so the higher placed team always wins.

RICHMOND vs North Melbourne
WEST COAST vs Port Adelaide
MELBOURNE vs Geelong
SYDNEY vs Collingwood

PORT ADELAIDE vs Sydney
NORTH MELBOURNE vs Melbourne

RICHMOND vs Port Adelaide
WEST COAST vs North Melbourne

RICHMOND vs West Coast

The AFL Ladder Predictor isn't up and running yet on the AFL website so I've done my own analysis of the draw from here. Here's a fact that what I've done is based on.

Only 5 games this year have resulted in a side beating another side who are CURRENTLY more than 5 places above them on the ladder:

That's 5 of 98 games - only 5% of games with the season 49% done. However, 60% of the 5 games involved the winning team playing at home against an interstate side. So, here's what I've done for every game from here on - it's flawed, but just play along
  • However, if it's a game between side from different states, the gap is only 3 places.
  • Geelong's advantage at home is such that a trip there by a Victorian team is counted as an interstate trip
  • If the two sides can't be split using this criteria and there's no home state advantage, it's a draw.
  • If the two sides can't be split using this criteria and there is home state advantage, the home team wins
So this week:
PA (8th) v Rich (2nd) but PA are at home so they go to 6th, that's within 5 of 2nd, PA are at home, they win
Geel (5th) v NM (6th). They're within 5 of each other, but Geelong get the home advantage, so Geelong win
GWS (11th) vs GC (15th). Not with 5 of each other, but GWS are at home so they go to 9th, so GWS win.
St.K (16th) vs Syd (4th). Syd more than 5 ahead of St.K. StK at home so they go to 14th. Still 5 behind so Syd win.
BL (17th) vs Ess (12th). BL at home so they go up to 15th. Within 5 of each other now. BL at home, BL win.
Melb (3rd) vs Coll (7th). Not within 5 of each other. Both teams from same state. It's a draw.

72 - Richmond
68 - West Coast
68 - Port Adelaide
66 - North Melbourne
60 - Melbourne
58 - Sydney
58 - Collingwood
54 - Geelong
50 - Hawthorn
42 - GWS Giants
36 - Fremantle
30 - Adelaide
28 - Essendon
26 - Gold Coast
24 - Western Bulldogs
22 - Brisbane Lions
18 - Carlton
12 - St.Kilda

No draws in finals, no 5 game gap in finals and the home team is always higher so the higher placed team always wins.

MELBOURNE vs Geelong
SYDNEY vs Collingwood

PORT ADELAIDE vs Sydney

RICHMOND vs West Coast
Cool analysis - Port end up 3rd after 23 rounds? Hmmm... and then we play West Coast over there in a prelim - NNNNOOO!!!!!!

So this week:

72 - Richmond
68 - West Coast
68 - Port Adelaide
66 - North Melbourne
60 - Melbourne
58 - Sydney
58 - Collingwood
54 - Geelong
50 - Hawthorn
42 - GWS Giants
36 - Fremantle
30 - Adelaide
28 - Essendon
26 - Gold Coast
24 - Western Bulldogs
22 - Brisbane Lions
18 - Carlton
12 - St.Kilda

MELBOURNE vs Geelong
SYDNEY vs Collingwood

PORT ADELAIDE vs Sydney

RICHMOND vs West Coast

A lot on this site get plaudits (GR etc - and rightly so!) but you sir are a marvel that we're lucky to have!

So this week:

72 - Richmond
68 - West Coast
68 - Port Adelaide
66 - North Melbourne
60 - Melbourne
58 - Sydney
58 - Collingwood
54 - Geelong
50 - Hawthorn
42 - GWS Giants
36 - Fremantle
30 - Adelaide
28 - Essendon
26 - Gold Coast
24 - Western Bulldogs
22 - Brisbane Lions
18 - Carlton
12 - St.Kilda

MELBOURNE vs Geelong
SYDNEY vs Collingwood

PORT ADELAIDE vs Sydney

RICHMOND vs West Coast
Richmond in week one? I'll take that.

The afl site is run by arse-clowns. Try this: https://predictor.squiggle.com.au/

I had us coming 6th at the end of the home and away.

-Disco

I had this as Week 1 of Finals
WEST COAST vs Sydney
PORT ADELAIDE vs Hawthorn
Melbourne vs GEELONG

Week 2
NORTH MELBOURNE vs Port Adelaide
SYDNEY vs Geelong

Week 3
RICHMOND vs Sydney