Is there anyone here who thinks we WON'T make finals? (September bound?)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's borne out of our history Shill. I can't accept we're there until we've won all the games we need to get there. I just can't. My head says we'll be there with the games we have left and in the form we're in. But self preservation has me sceptical.

It's borne out of our history Shill. I can't accept we're there until we've won all the games we need to get there. I just can't. My head says we'll be there with the games we have left and in the form we're in. But self preservation has me sceptical.
Over our history making finals and ground finals hasn't been an issue. Winning Grand Finals on the other hand ...

I thought if we lost on the weekend, we finished 9th.

Losses to Tigers, Swans and Port.
Wins against Lions and Dockers.

But with that win, 4th to 7th I think will be our finishing position.
We won't lose all 3 of those. I reckon we're more likely to win all 3.

Looks like we might be ok now but you never know - anything from 2nd to 9th is still a possibility with at least one of the "easy" games now looking tough (Brisbane at the Etihad) and the other over in Perth.

Not looking beyond this week at this stage - although Melbourne, Port and Sydney falling over this weekend helps our cause significantly.

Last edited:
haven't we already played the lions at the gabba?

Yep sorry it's at Etihad - where they also play well for the record. Irrespective of where it's at I don't think anyone is going into a game against them overly confident (of scoring an easy win) at this point in time...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep sorry it's at Etihad - where they also play well for the record. Irrespective of where it's at I don't think anyone is going into a game against them overly confident (of scoring an easy win) at this point in time...

I don't take any team lightly. Two teams on the ground...the one that scores more wins.

Did the ladder predictor and had us getting third but I didn't piss fart around with the margins however all the winnings selections were realistic. So unless something goes completely **** up we will finish within the top 8.

Over our history making finals and ground finals hasn't been an issue. Winning Grand Finals on the other hand ...

I know mate. But still. It doesn't need to be rational. Our recent history probably plays its part too.

Our recent history of having final all but locked up in the first half of the year just for the second half to turn to s**t.

We won't lose all 3 of those. I reckon we're more likely to win all 3.

lol.

Yeah not a chance we win all 3.

I would give the odds of winning all 3 as the same as the odds of losing our next 5 and missing the 8.
---

Up until this weekend, I was not convinced we were making the 8, and thought we definitely weren't a top 4 team.
If we lost against North, we had to win at least 2 more to garauntee finals, IMO, and although Brisbane should be a given, in no way are Port or Freo (in Perth) certain wins.

Using ladder predictor and anything could happen.

Personally, I'd be betting on beating Brissy and at least one of Port/Freo, leaving us around 6th. Win both, and 4th is a possibility, also beat Sydney and suddenly we are a proper contender.

Just looked at the ladder - we have the worst defence of all of the top eight sides besides Melbourne if I’m not mistaken. Couple that with our relatively soft draw and that’s a cause for concern in my book, particularly with a lack of KPD depth.

We need Moore and Reid fit and at least available for selection to be any shot IMO. Need to have them as options for sides with big forwards. I acknowledge Reid in particular is not best 22 but there’s still a need for his availability I think.

Last edited:
No. We have already made it. Should make top 4 from here due to favourable results this round.

I'm sorry but how have we already made it? I could easily see us dropping games against Richmond, swans in Sydney and Port. Brisbane are playing great footy and who the f@#& knows what Freo will dish up in Perth.

Drop 4 out of those 5 and we're out. Not likely but still very possible.

lol.

Yeah not a chance we win all 3.

I would give the odds of winning all 3 as the same as the odds of losing our next 5 and missing the 8.
---

Up until this weekend, I was not convinced we were making the 8, and thought we definitely weren't a top 4 team.
If we lost against North, we had to win at least 2 more to garauntee finals, IMO, and although Brisbane should be a given, in no way are Port or Freo (in Perth) certain wins.

Using ladder predictor and anything could happen.

Personally, I'd be betting on beating Brissy and at least one of Port/Freo, leaving us around 6th. Win both, and 4th is a possibility, also beat Sydney and suddenly we are a proper contender.

I'm confident in beating Sydney than I am beating Brisbane. They have been seriously good these last few weeks.

I don't think I will enjoy any of any wins from now on as I become a 'nervous nellie'.

Hoping to win and if we do, start worrying about next week without taking too much time to enjoy the win.

Given the way Brisbane is playing and Freo at home, none look easy.

Let's get over Richmond, then it gets a bit easier as far as win/loss goes.

One week at a time.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back