Media Is There Anything Better Than A Ham & Cheese Toastie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there anything better than a ham & cheese toastie?
By Karen Titstini

That first bite. That crunch. That ooze. Heaven. That smell. That warmth. That feeling. Is there anything better?

Anyone who's spent any length of time on this board can appreciate its awesomeness. The joy of winning. The pain of losing. That time when you spat coffee all over your computer. That time when you pissed yourself laughing on the train. We frequent this board for its entertainment and the pleasure its inhabitants provide us. And, of course, the schadenfreude.

The Wonders have always been THE team. Strong on the field, strong off the field. But something changed. No one can put an exact finger on it, but after their Season 17 Premiership, the Wonders crash landed harder than Dwayne Leverock.

Dwayne-Leverock-ge_1359896i.jpg

Just five wins last season. And zero wins from seven games this season. They are the laughing stock of the league. They are headed for their first #wonderspoon in their history. No wonder (hehe) they are playing hot-potatoes with their captaincy. No one wants to take responsibility. Last season was the worst in their history, and this season doesn't look like it's going to be any better.

Rd 1 - L - 49 points
Rd 2 - L - 22 points
Rd 3 - L - 56 points
Rd 4 - L - 19 points
Rd 5 - L - 48 points
Rd 6 - L - 15 points
Rd 7 - L - 60 points

Who gives a * if they have 20 posters a week? No one cares. It's not the point of the game. They might have recruited some off-field guns in hen da man and Golumless, but while they continue to throw up LicoriceAllsorts on the field, they'll continue to lose.

3287154699_8cf0816876.jpg

So where has the curse come from? Has Tigerglory made his way surreptitiously to the Wonders? You can't pin it on croweater 41 or ClarkeM, because they've captained Premierships before. You can't pin it on TheFreshBanana for shirking it, because they lost yesterday. You can't pin it on SSwans2011 (IKR, who the * is this guy?) as he's only captained one game. Maybe it's the qooty gods giving a big FU to the Wonders for their arrogance over the years.​

But who really cares when and where the curse started. We just need to bask in the schadenfreude and all its glory. s**t performance after s**t performance. Loss after loss. Every time these players pull on the jumper they embarrass the Wonders' brand. We've seen #lolwonders trend in recent weeks. We've seen supporters' abuse on Twitter. Are we finally seeing the Wonders' just deserts?

cFASitr.png

So as you ponder the question, 'Is there anything better than a ham & cheese toastie?'. The answer is, yes. A Wonders' wooden spoon.

#wonderspoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Wonders crash and burn makes me realise there is a God, and that he has a terrific sense of humour.

Pretty damn good if you ask me. Toasted cheese and vegemite.
I can't say I have ever had cheese and vegemite in toasted sandwhich form

Gone a bit early there beez. Afterall we're only two games out of last.
A couple of the Wonders' boys paid me to pull a reverse jinx in the hope they win a few games. If they avoid the spoon I look like an idiot, but a rich idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back