Is there too much advertising/ corporate branding in AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not saying there's no place for it ,I'm saying it's gone too far.If you refer to original post, there's adds on the fences,goalposts,football, umpires,security,scoreboard, ground loudspeakers, football ticket, jumper, shorts, boots, coaches, runners, doctor, coaches box , grass of the playing area and run through banner .I could name more.

without sponsorship we will need to raise prices at the gate considerably. are you prepared to pay more to see the footy? pay more for your membership? have footy exclusively on paytv?

without sponsorship we will need to raise prices at the gate considerably. are you prepared to pay more to see the footy? pay more for your membership? have footy exclusively on paytv?
Well I'd happily pay an extra dollar to get adds off the sherrin, the goalposts ,the playing area and the umpires.Or the players could take a 2% pay cut ,or clubs could get rid of a few of their 15 coaches .The AFL has enough money to bankroll 2 new teams for years on end, so taking some minor revenue won't hurt.

Well I'd happily pay an extra dollar to get adds off the sherrin, the goalposts ,the playing area and the umpires.Or the players could take a 2% pay cut ,or clubs could get rid of a few of their 15 coaches .The AFL has enough money to bankroll 2 new teams for years on end, so taking some minor revenue won't hurt.

it wont be an extra dollar, more like an extra $20 or so

and good luck getting players to take a pay cut, they are getting over $1m+ a year

as for coaches, richmond had a diet version of a coaching panel since 1987, how did that work for us?

it wont be an extra dollar, more like an extra $20 or so

and good luck getting players to take a pay cut, they are getting over $1m+ a year

as for coaches, richmond had a diet version of a coaching panel since 1987, how did that work for us?
An extra dollar is $300,000 per week.That would cover the sherrin, the goalposts, the ground paint and the umpires easily.Thats 6 -7 million for the year

An extra dollar is $300,000 per week.That would cover the sherrin, the goalposts, the ground paint and the umpires easily.Thats 6 -7 million for the year

I think you might find those sponsors kick in more than that

You just got rid of a major part of the afls biggest sponsors value, and 18 clubs have ball sponsors (and they havent been as low as $20k for years)

If you dont want money in sport, local footy is your bet. The reality is costs will only continue to rise in footy, and the money has to come from some where

Remove this Banner Ad

Back