Is this a good notebook?

Remove this Banner Ad

looks like a good basic laptop. the I3 is an entry level dual core processor and @2.13GHZ is pretty reasonable speed for just office tasks and some media. Otherwise seems well priced.

I am now looking also after my HP dv 2700 died just 2 mths after warranty... it was due to the manufacturing fault of the GPU nVidia chipset.

A gorilla down the tube.

I have heard ASUS, Lenovo are quite good. Mixed reports about Toshiba.

This model is going for $648.

AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core QL-65 (2.1GHz, 3600MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium, with recovery Discadd $29 for Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade disc & licence.
15.6" Full HD 16:9 Color Shine display, 1366x768 res.
3GB DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM memory (add $49 upgrade to 4G RAM)
320 GB SATA, hard drive
Dual-Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer
ATI HD3200 Graphics with dedicated 256M VRAM,
Wireless 802.11ABGN, 10/100/100 LAN
Integrated 1.3M WebCam & Mic.
HDMI port
AC Adapter & Battery: Lithium ion (6-cell)
2 Years International Warranty

Dude, where is that selling. Bargain at that price, need a new laptop would definently be interested in that. processor is abit on the basic side, but would run pretty well i reckon.

I want to get a laptop that is cheap $500-$900, not a netbook, has a webcam, and is going to be able to be keep up with me using it maybe 4 hours a day for a few years, homework and then Facebook and BigFooty at night. Anyone know if they can help me?

I want to get a laptop that is cheap $500-$900, not a netbook, has a webcam, and is going to be able to be keep up with me using it maybe 4 hours a day for a few years, homework and then Facebook and BigFooty at night. Anyone know if they can help me?

For Chatroullete you old sailor you :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats wrong with Netbooks:confused:
I have an Acer running W7 and I have never had a problem with it.
Only thing missing is the DVD player but it was easy enough getting an external one for cheap of E Bay..

I am now looking also after my HP dv 2700 died just 2 mths after warranty... it was due to the manufacturing fault of the GPU nVidia chipset.

A gorilla down the tube.

I have heard ASUS, Lenovo are quite good. Mixed reports about Toshiba.

This model is going for $648.

AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core QL-65 (2.1GHz, 3600MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium, with recovery Discadd $29 for Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade disc & licence.
15.6" Full HD 16:9 Color Shine display, 1366x768 res.
3GB DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM memory (add $49 upgrade to 4G RAM)
320 GB SATA, hard drive
Dual-Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer
ATI HD3200 Graphics with dedicated 256M VRAM,
Wireless 802.11ABGN, 10/100/100 LAN
Integrated 1.3M WebCam & Mic.
HDMI port
AC Adapter & Battery: Lithium ion (6-cell)
2 Years International Warranty

SNAP! Mine did exactly the same thing! $800 to fix, and guaranteed to happen again. Apparently court cases ensuing in the US because of it. Well pi$$ed off I can tell you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back