Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites...mous&pkgDef=HS_PDO_P0415A_W04#offer-selection

Not sure if I have supplied the link correctly but I am just wondering if anyone has read this and can fill me in on the detail and the point of the article?

It is titled "Reasons for rival fans to hate geelong this finals series" and starts off with Scott's antics in the coaches box, free kick selwood and the fact that other clubs' fans have paid for our new stadium.

https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites/heraldsun/subscribe.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&mode=premium&dest=https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/reasons-for-rival-fans-to-hate-geelong-this-finals-series/news-story/ab5963175bae7d40a4a11d9d0657b3f2&memtype=anonymous&pkgDef=HS_PDO_P0415A_W04#offer-selection

Not sure if I have supplied the link correctly but I am just wondering if anyone has read this and can fill me in on the detail and the point of the article?

It is titled "Reasons for rival fans to hate geelong this finals series" and starts off with Scott's antics in the coaches box, free kick selwood and the fact that other clubs' fans have paid for our new stadium.

Paywalled can you copy and paste the article?

https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites/heraldsun/subscribe.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&mode=premium&dest=https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/reasons-for-rival-fans-to-hate-geelong-this-finals-series/news-story/ab5963175bae7d40a4a11d9d0657b3f2&memtype=anonymous&pkgDef=HS_PDO_P0415A_W04#offer-selection

Hun now sourcing its news from Bay 13.
Not good economics, really.
Identical markets.

How cool!

It's good to be hated, it means we're doing well and it develops good rivalries.
More concerning to me is the article I saw of a Melbourne fan crying cause they got finals tickets.
It makes me almost certain we're going to get a very rough deal from the umps, ala Sydney/Bulldogs GF.

It's good to be hated, it means we're doing well and it develops good rivalries.
More concerning to me is the article I saw of a Melbourne fan crying cause they got finals tickets.
It makes me almost certain we're going to get a very rough deal from the umps, ala Sydney/Bulldogs GF.

Yeah, that's my fear too. The narrative is too good for the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why am I not surprised the article is headlined by 'staff writers'.

If the Hun want to run trash like this then it's their call, but there's no point in trying to put low grade clickbait behind a paywall. It defies the entire purpose of the exercise.

CHRIS Scott’s antics in the coaches box and “Free kick, Selwood”; there are plenty of reasons for rival fans to dislike Geelong.

What about the fact you’ve paid — yet again — for Geelong to upgrade its stadium?

Here’s a list of reasons to barrack against the Cats this finals series.

WHINGING ABOUT PLAYING AT THE ‘G
Talk about first world problems.

Just like Mike Brady and Channel 7’s Grand Final marathon, Geelong supporters moaning about having to play home finals at the greatest stadium in the world is becoming a September tradition.

The club is more than happy to pocket cash from the Cats’ annual Easter Monday MCG blockbuster with the Hawks, but all understanding regarding the commercial realities of AFL seem to disappear when September rolls around.

Can Cats fans seriously not fathom why the MCG gets the nod over a stadium that can only hold 36,000 fans?

(Also of note: Geelong lost its most recent home final against Fremantle in 2013.)

SELWOOD DUCKING
Watch any Geelong game live (away from Kardinia Park — or whatever that stadium is called now) and you’ll know what opposition fans think of Joel Selwood winning free kicks for high contact.

CHRIS SCOTT’S COACHES’ BOX ANTICS
Anyone who’s watched a Geelong game on TV will be familiar with Chris Scott’s coaches box carry on.

That looks like the response of a man who’s just discovered his car has been towed, not a coach reacting to an umpire’s decision.

CATMAN
It seems pretty clear cut that grown men shouldn’t wear footy jumpers to games. They definitely shouldn’t paint their faces and absolutely 100 per cent shouldn’t cover themselves head to toe in Geelong Cats paraphernalia.

CONSTANTLY CHANGING STADIUM NAME
SKILLED, Simmonds, Shell, GMHBA, Baytec (for just two months and one pre season match apparently). How many times can you change the name of your stadium? Let’s just call it Kardinia Park and be done with it.

And while we’re on the subject of the stadium formerly known as Baytec … we don’t like the all-in brawls in the stands.

These peanuts covered themselves in glory with this disgraceful display in round 18.

STADIUM UPGRADES
IF you pay taxes in Victoria you deserve a reserved seat at Kardinia Park. Why? Because you’ve paid for it.

GMHBA Stadium has already had several upgrades on the public dime and the club’s leaders are planning more.

Yes, the MCG benefits from public money, but the G hosts multiple teams, sports and events.

Geelong’s stadium hosts … Geelong.

One day the stadium will be big enough to host a final and it will be thanks to the generosity of the hard working, taxpaying Victorians.

CHRIS Scott’s antics in the coaches box and “Free kick, Selwood”; there are plenty of reasons for rival fans to dislike Geelong.

What about the fact you’ve paid — yet again — for Geelong to upgrade its stadium?

Just like Mike Brady and Channel 7’s Grand Final marathon, Geelong supporters moaning about having to play home finals at the greatest stadium in the world is becoming a September tradition.

The club is more than happy to pocket cash from the Cats’ annual Easter Monday MCG blockbuster with the Hawks, but all understanding regarding the commercial realities of AFL seem to disappear when September rolls around.

Can Cats fans seriously not fathom why the MCG gets the nod over a stadium that can only hold 36,000 fans?

(Also of note: Geelong lost its most recent home final against Fremantle in 2013.)

SELWOOD DUCKING
Watch any Geelong game live (away from Kardinia Park — or whatever that stadium is called now) and you’ll know what opposition fans think of Joel Selwood winning free kicks for high contact.

Anyone who’s watched a Geelong game on TV will be familiar with Chris Scott’s coaches box carry on.

That looks like the response of a man who’s just discovered his car has been towed, not a coach reacting to an umpire’s decision.

CATMAN
It seems pretty clear cut that grown men shouldn’t wear footy jumpers to games. They definitely shouldn’t paint their faces and absolutely 100 per cent shouldn’t cover themselves head to toe in Geelong Cats paraphernalia.

SKILLED, Simmonds, Shell, GMHBA, Baytec (for just two months and one pre season match apparently). How many times can you change the name of your stadium? Let’s just call it Kardinia Park and be done with it.

And while we’re on the subject of the stadium formerly known as Baytec … we don’t like the all-in brawls in the stands.

These peanuts covered themselves in glory with this disgraceful display in round 18.

STADIUM UPGRADES
IF you pay taxes in Victoria you deserve a reserved seat at Kardinia Park. Why? Because you’ve paid for it.

GMHBA Stadium has already had several upgrades on the public dime and the club’s leaders are planning more.

Yes, the MCG benefits from public money, but the G hosts multiple teams, sports and events.

One day the stadium will be big enough to host a final and it will be thanks to the generosity of the hard working, taxpaying Victorians.
Ha ha. Fake news. The all-in brawl was two drunk naffs who fell over each other. Can't believe the personal attacks on Captain, Coach and specific supporter.

SELWOOD DUCKING

CATMAN

STADIUM UPGRADES

Who is the journalist that wrote this garbage?

LOL at the line about being happy pocketing the cash for the Easter Monday clash. Not only do we take it turns "hosting" the game, the last few years we'd have made more money playing in front of a packed house in Geelong than the 60-70k we're lucky to draw through the turnstiles in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back