Opinion Is this it? Is this what we've waited almost 20 years for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm more optimistic about 2019 than I have been for any other season for a long time, to deny I have a sense of expectation for a very good season would be a lie.

I'm not lid off though, this club has kicked me in the knackers too many times for me to get too carried away.

To go to that next level of top 4 premiership contender is going to depend on the 2nd tier players. Players like Francis, Langford, Laverde, etc have to go to that next level. And a handful probably need to go elite. If they stagnate, then we will be a 6-10 team again.

I’m in Perth this week to see what it feels like to be in town full of winners.

Feels hot so far....

It was only 30 today...

This town is weird...since the GF I hardly hear any WC fans talk about the win.

It’s like they went into shock ..and still can’t quite believe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only 30 today...

This town is weird...since the GF I hardly hear any WC fans talk about the win.

It’s like they went into shock ..and still can’t quite believe it.
It was 36 and the hottest day in eight months according to the news. I’ve been strutting around in my Essendon cap and already had one high five. Nice

I think we have our best list in at least 15 years. Lots of scope for improvement among the younger players, two guns in Shiel and Daniher adding to the side, and few meaningful players who are likely to regress. If we are not pushing for top four then I think every fan could reasonably be disappointed. The league is so even right now, and projects to be next year as well, that the sort of improvement we can reasonably expect should push us past quite a few teams.

I think we have our best list in at least 15 years. Lots of scope for improvement among the younger players, two guns in Shiel and Daniher adding to the side, and few meaningful players who are likely to regress. If we are not pushing for top four then I think every fan could reasonably be disappointed. The league is so even right now, and projects to be next year as well, that the sort of improvement we can reasonably expect should push us past quite a few teams.
Unless lots of others improve. Other lids are off too. That’s the intriguing thing - should be an exciting season to behold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back