Opinion Is this it? Is this what we've waited almost 20 years for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m fully lid off this year.

I think back at the last few years where I was also lid off and laugh at how blind I was to weaknesses those teams had compared to this years team. I was an idiot. I have learned though.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
I'm more optimistic about 2019 than I have been for any other season for a long time, to deny I have a sense of expectation for a very good season would be a lie.

I'm not lid off though, this club has kicked me in the knackers too many times for me to get too carried away.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
To go to that next level of top 4 premiership contender is going to depend on the 2nd tier players. Players like Francis, Langford, Laverde, etc have to go to that next level. And a handful probably need to go elite. If they stagnate, then we will be a 6-10 team again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
It was only 30 today...

This town is weird...since the GF I hardly hear any WC fans talk about the win.

It’s like they went into shock ..and still can’t quite believe it.
It was 36 and the hottest day in eight months according to the news. I’ve been strutting around in my Essendon cap and already had one high five. Nice

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I think we have our best list in at least 15 years. Lots of scope for improvement among the younger players, two guns in Shiel and Daniher adding to the side, and few meaningful players who are likely to regress. If we are not pushing for top four then I think every fan could reasonably be disappointed. The league is so even right now, and projects to be next year as well, that the sort of improvement we can reasonably expect should push us past quite a few teams.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I think we have our best list in at least 15 years. Lots of scope for improvement among the younger players, two guns in Shiel and Daniher adding to the side, and few meaningful players who are likely to regress. If we are not pushing for top four then I think every fan could reasonably be disappointed. The league is so even right now, and projects to be next year as well, that the sort of improvement we can reasonably expect should push us past quite a few teams.
Unless lots of others improve. Other lids are off too. That’s the intriguing thing - should be an exciting season to behold

Jul 19, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
I suggest the OP rub a few out next time before posting something like this.

Rub away OP:moustache:

lid_off.gif

I'm more optimistic about 2019 than I have been for any other season for a long time, to deny I have a sense of expectation for a very good season would be a lie.

I'm not lid off though, this club has kicked me in the knackers too many times for me to get too carried away.
This is how I felt heading into last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back