Opinion Is this it? Is this what we've waited almost 20 years for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have our best list in at least 15 years. Lots of scope for improvement among the younger players, two guns in Shiel and Daniher adding to the side, and few meaningful players who are likely to regress. If we are not pushing for top four then I think every fan could reasonably be disappointed. The league is so even right now, and projects to be next year as well, that the sort of improvement we can reasonably expect should push us past quite a few teams.

I'd suggest our list is about as strong as its been in my lifetime.

The 2000 side for example, obviously had an exceptionally strong 22-25 players, possibly the strongest ever seen, however it didn't bat very deep.

Our current list bats substantially deeper IMO.

Yep, 2000 top end talent was unreal. Fletch, Hird, Lloyd, Lucas, Misiti, Mercuri, Caracella & Long were all elite.
How many can we put in that category now?

I don't think we can put anyone in the category of Hird and Lloyd.

However the rest is an interesting comparison.

Mercuri to Raz (Mercuri was something else though)
Lucas to Joey
Fletcher to Hurley

And so on. We have the makings of a VERY good best 22 in 2019.

Nah stuff that.

This place has a way of sucking the joy out of people. Makes people fearful to dream of what may be.

The list is flag capable, so that’s what I’m hoping for. Until it looks otherwise, I’m aiming for a flag in 2019.

Nah stuff that.

This place has a way of sucking the joy out of people. Makes people fearful to dream of what may be.

The list is flag capable, so that’s what I’m hoping for. Until it looks otherwise, I’m aiming for a flag in 2019.
I can't wait to see how this pans out...
tenor.gif

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I feel sorry for J Watson, starts in 2003 just as we become a really crap side and finished in 2017 right as we stop being this crap team.
his timing in the game is actually quiet sad.

The game plan is nearly there which should allow a serious throw at the stumps - The one thing which could cause 'the bricks to fall down' is kicking - That is the team must improve their kicking efficiency, especially in the back half - This is a non-negotiable.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
We finished 10th or whatever you idiot.

Next time use your main to create this crap thread

I fail to see why fans have to "keep a lid on it."

So don't tell me where we finished on the ladder next time, idiot.

I fail to see why fans shouldn't be able to tell fans where we finished on the ladder.

I fail to see why fans need to rain on other fans parades. If they want to be up and about then let them.

Dude what’s wrong with you? I just wanted to share that info cos I thought you asked me ages ago and I remembered to tell you now

Cat fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back